63 Dart Tail Light Lens

-

gage zamrzla

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm looking to replace the cheap, partially functioning LED tail lights my '63 Dart 270 has in them for the original style lenses. I have everything else I need besides these elusive lenses and have a chance to check out a pair in the next day or so about an hour from me.

Problem is they are listed as 63 Dodge Dart station wagon lenses. I'm still pretty new to the classic car scene and I'm having a bit of trouble confirming if these will or won't work for my car. All honesty I haven't even seen another 63/64 Dart in person to have seen these lenses IRL to have something to compare to lol. Any input would be greatly appreciated and below are photos of the lenses.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I don't believe any of the 63-66 dart or valiant wagon tail light lenses interchange with 2 or 4 door cars. I think they are all unique to wagons.

From my research, a wagon lens will not fit a sedan or coupe. I ordered mine from Laysons restorations new and they look great. A little pricey but they are near impossible to find in decent shape for a fair price.

You can tell by looking at the pictures they are in fact wagon lenses as they are sloped more than a 2 or 4 door. Also a quick way to determine is that the center of a 2 or 4 door lens bottom sticks out past the outer edge that touches the body, unlike the one you have shown. Also just noticed the screw holes are different. The deeper section on the 2 and 4 door have one hole while the shallower side have 2, reverse from these, probably due to the fact they slope opposite ways. Hope this helps.

http://laysons.com/Catalog.cfm?nCatID=307&nModelID=5&nModelYear=1963

This is where I got mine from. I'm sure Classic Ind. gets there's from the same manufacturer as I believe there is only one place making repops of these. I got one dud as it looked like poor quality control but laysons was real quick to remedy with 0 hassle and the replacement was beautiful. Can't wait to get the car painted and get them on. (for reference I ordered the ones without the chrome ring as mine is a 170 not a 270)

Last edited:
From my research, a wagon lens will not fit a sedan or coupe. I ordered mine from Laysons restorations new and they look great. A little pricey but they are near impossible to find in decent shape for a fair price.

You can tell by looking at the pictures they are in fact wagon lenses as they are sloped more than a 2 or 4 door. Also a quick way to determine is that the center of a 2 or 4 door lens bottom sticks out past the outer edge that touches the body, unlike the one you have shown. Also just noticed the screw holes are different. The deeper section on the 2 and 4 door have one hole while the shallower side have 2, reverse from these, probably due to the fact they slope opposite ways. Hope this helps.

http://laysons.com/Catalog.cfm?nCatID=307&nModelID=5&nModelYear=1963

This is where I got mine from. I'm sure Classic Ind. gets there's from the same manufacturer as I believe there is only one place making repops of these. I got one dud as it looked like poor quality control but laysons was real quick to remedy with 0 hassle and the replacement was beautiful. Can't wait to get the car painted and get them on. (for reference I ordered the ones without the chrome ring as mine is a 170 not a 270)

Great info and thank you for the link. Sounds like a pretty good option and I may go for it rather than wait and get a possibly sub-par on off craigslist or ebay or where ever else. Thank again!

Great info and thank you for the link. Sounds like a pretty good option and I may go for it rather than wait and get a possibly sub-par on off craigslist or ebay or where ever else. Thank again!

Just give them a call to confirm stock. I waited a while for mine but the supplier did a run, don't know how many they ordered. I am assuming they ordered more than they had orders for to have a stock on hand.

-
Back