63 to 64 gas tank changes.

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
63 tank looks identical with maybe a flanged filler neck? CR11F is the 63 and CR11A is the 64-66 without the little rubber grommet on the filler neck. Necks are the same part number...AMD has 63 tanks for cheap, but no listing for 64-66

63 with flange dealio
890-1063_800.jpg

64-66 without the flange dealio
ICR11A__ra_p.jpg

I think the 63 used an oring for the filler tube seal the 64 and up uses a grommet and yes the fill tube is the same. My choice would be to use the 64 and up tank for the improved seal.

Well, the 63 tank is only 36 bucks! The 64 is $189......Ill do the math: Lets see...carry the 1...yup, 63 is cheaper. Gonna put a EFI pump in it anyway. Cool!

Well, the 63 tank is only 36 bucks! The 64 is $189......Ill do the math: Lets see...carry the 1...yup, 63 is cheaper. Gonna put a EFI pump in it anyway. Cool!

Yea I looked at that tank too you might also look at the shipping. They might be obsoleting that tank.

Yea I looked at that tank too you might also look at the shipping. They might be obsoleting that tank.
@bcschief , shipping was a concern and I reached out to another customer and he said it was only visible during checkout. ...well see.

I picked up a 64 tank from mopar mall. They sell a whole kit with everything (straps, filler neck, all gaskets) for like $400 but they’ll sell you any of the individual pieces. I went with just a tank as I already had a grommet and everything else was in good shape. Pretty cheap and good quality

62 bucks out the door. Flat 9.95 shipping with a 14.99 large package surcharge. I can live with a brand new tank for 62 shipped. Ill make the grommet work on my 65.

Yep I just ordered one also $62.44 delivered why was your shipping the same as mine yours is going across the country mine is 1 state away ?

9.95 flat rate. try shipping a 3 square foot box across country for under $30! I bought a new Eagle cast 4" crankshaft on Ebay and they shipped it UPS for free. It was $149! ...and they sent me a forged....oops! :)They must do such volume that UPS gives them a sweet deal.

-
Back