63 to 66 Positive and Negative Battery Cables

-

RPM440+6

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
We are looking to add the 63 to 66 positive and negative battery cables to our current product listing of OEM correct battery cables. We have sourced samples of the 62 to 65 B-Body cables and are currently working on sourcing the A-Body cables. A gentleman has provided us the positive battery cable from his 66 Barracuda, but he felt that the negative cable was a parts store replacement piece. As with our other cables, we manufacture the cables to be as correct as possible and are licensed through the Chrysler Restoration Department.
In researching this project, we have found that the 66 A-Body V8 cable is a one year only cable. Can anyone verify that this is indeed factual? Just because the parts books list the same battery cable for the individual different years, does not mean that is how the cars were equipped from the factory. What we need to find out is the differences between the different years. The parts manual tells you the wire gauge and length, but you will see the same negative cable part number covering over a ten year period and varying from 28 inches to 38 inches in length.
Any input on this subject will be greatly appreciated. I will gladly purchase excellent used samples that are documented as to fit and application. I will also offer a new replacement as well for the use of good usable samples. Please let us know what you have and your feelings on this subject as we would like to have these available for the upcoming show season.
Anybody that can assist can drop me a message for my contact information. Thanks for your time and assistance.

You might check with Robert - a gentleman at M & H Electronics (562-926-9552). They were one of several original vendors for Chrysler battery cables. According to him they have the original drawings and specs for most all Chrysler positive and negative battery cables. I ordered from them a positive and negative cable for a 65 Dart and when I received them, they were identical to a set of old, weathered originals I had. Ulf Andersoon (65dartcharger) also ordered a set for his award winning 65 DartCharger. He also confirmed they were spot on to his originals

Thanks for the information. Actually, M&H is a supplier as is Antique Auto Battery for reproduction battery cables. There were two different OEM vendors for the original cables and M&H was not one of them. M&H manufactures a quality product, but like I said earlier, unless you are working from original production line pieces, there is a good chance that you will miss some of the smaller details that we incorporate into our cables. I personally know some of the people that worked on the M&H cables and they were done from information gathered from the parts books. There are just too many discrepancies in many areas of these books. We had the same problem dealing with much of the 64 and 65 B-Bodies. The parts books will show the same part number, but upon inspection of the original cars and parts, you will see a difference between a Dodge and a Plymouth. That is why I am soliciting information from this group as I hope to get some specific information. It is very difficult to find nice original cars from this era and thus the request for information. Again, thanks for the input as I am always learning and my knowledge on these cars is very sketchy.

-
Back