63 Valiant master cylinder conversion

-

Zendercars

Reaction score
I would like to switch my single non power brake cylinder to a dual cylinder. My brake rod is the old stlye that is attached to back of the brake cylinder. What do I need and where do I find a new brake rod?

Zendercars said:
I would like to switch my single non power brake cylinder to a dual cylinder. My brake rod is the old stlye that is attached to back of the brake cylinder. What do I need and where do I find a new brake rod?

When I upgraded to disk brakes I needed to modify the new (non power assist) 4 bolt mounting disk brake master cylinder. I removed the brake actuator rod from my old stock single reservoir unit (it has a rubber O-ring and a spring housing holding it in place). I then inserted the actuator rod into my new master cylinder and drilled and taped holes for the spring housing (it needs to be orientated to fit the body opening). Make sure you mask the master cylinder internals to keep debris out. I have had the car on the road for 3 years with out problems. I believe non disk brake unit would adapt similarly. Pulling the actuator rod may not be easy and can require quite a bit of force.

Thank's to all for the reply's. I found my brake rod was just hard to get out because the safety ring was brittle. I was able to upgrade to a dual manual brake master and change my brake lines for the split.

-
Back