64-66 Valiant vinyl top trim

-

Overdrive

Entropy User
Reaction score
I'd like to add a vinyl top to my 1965 valiant hardtop, and I think the only piece of trim I need is the front pillar trim piece. Does anybody have any pictures of what these trim pieces look like, and perhaps what other cars these came on? I tried a front pillar trim piece off a '76 dart, and it's close, but didn't seem to fit quite right.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of Valiant with factory vinyl tops. The only one I've ever seen is the small photo in the factory 1965 Valiant brochure.

I'd like to add a vinyl top to my 1965 valiant hardtop, and I think the only piece of trim I need is the front pillar trim piece. Does anybody have any pictures of what these trim pieces look like, and perhaps what other cars these came on? I tried a front pillar trim piece off a '76 dart, and it's close, but didn't seem to fit quite right.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of Valiant with factory vinyl tops. The only one I've ever seen is the small photo in the factory 1965 Valiant brochure.

I don't have access to my 65 parts book- packing up stuff to get ready to put house on market to sell
I think the front windshield rubber seal may be different- the vinyl top tucks under- are the side mouldings on gutter different? Is the piece on the back side between quarter window and rear glass different? vinyl tucks under there. IMy 65 Signet hardtop has a vinyl top- but don't have one without to compare-

Pic's of the difference in the drip rail trim, which is the only difference I know of.

Attachments

• DSC_0135.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_0133.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 99
  • DSC_0134.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 104
I have all the parts somewhere in my garage. I will try to get some pics for ya. There is a chrome piece at the base of the front windshield pillar and a chrome strip at the base of the roof sail on each side behind the side windows. My avatar still has the one at the rear on it if you can make it out. Dennis

Sorry. Couldn't find them at the moment but here are some pics as it was on my car when I got it. I see 2manymopars pics show a 2 door sedan or post model if you will. Looks like there may be differences between it and a hardtop(mine). Or maybe since mine is a Signet or something but here ya go. You be the judge. Dennis

pillar2_zps2b75342f.png

pillar_zps78d187aa.png

sail_zps64f29707.png

Sorry. Couldn't find them at the moment but here are some pics as it was on my car when I got it. I see 2manymopars pics show a 2 door sedan or post model if you will. Looks like there may be differences between it and a hardtop(mine). Or maybe since mine is a Signet or something but here ya go. You be the judge. Dennis

pillar2_zps2b75342f.png

pillar_zps78d187aa.png

sail_zps64f29707.png

Your 66 has a different rear quarter pillar chrome piece- my 65 is the same front to rear-
the picture is kinda small but hopefully can see- gold was not an option- was an AZ car and original was sunbaked- as is the top now- I will replace with gold- like the interior

Attachments

• valiant signet pass side.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 81
-
Back