64 Barracuda / Motor Trend

-

circlepilot

Reaction score
It was probably a repeat, but I was watching Motor Trend last night, an episode of "Fantom Works." They were doing a 64 Barracuda. I can't believe some of the things that were said. A guy is beating on a fender and a quarter panel, tells you "how rare" the parts are..."unobtainable!" How many 64-65 Barracuda fenders do you think the members here on the forum have laying around? Then they are installing the rear glass...which "replacements are "non-existent." GIVE ME A BREAK! Hell! I've seen them on Ebay, here on the forum, with one member claiming to have a bunch of them. Finally, (under the impression it was a totally stock 64) since when did a 64 Barracuda come from the factory with an aluminum intake and Edelbrock 4 barrel? Did he say $21,000 for the restoration? Did I miss something?

Those shows are so full of bullshittery it's not funny.

It is pretty crazy how misinformed people are on these cars. I just was at a car show where a guy had recently acquired a 64 Barracuda and was showing it next to his 69 Z28 Camaro. I told him I liked his Barracuda and he immediately started spewing false information. He said, "both cars are numbers matching survivors". He said he had purchased the Barracuda from it's second owner in California and had all of the documentation that showed the car was 100% original. Then started to tell me that there were only a limited number produced with the four barrel carb and four speed with posi. Obviously, sometime in the cars life someone had put on the 66 Commando valve covers, intake, and a Holley R1850 carb with a cast aluminum air cleaner. The car had an Indy shifter too. (Another rare option I guess....) He was telling me what a wonderful job some detail shop did restoring the original paint too., even though the car had fender emblems with the short tail and you could clearly see body work beneath the paint and there were little divits where the valiant emblem used to be on the tail panel below the trunk. There were cloth panels in the seats as well. Then he got into the story of the value of the rear glass and how rare those are. His false facts went on for quite a while before I could politely dismiss myself from his rare and expensive car. And, I didn't get the chance to tell him I have three 64 Barracudas and a 64 Valiant before I got away either!

Hell I have two spare unobtainable windows. Last year at Carlise guy had one started at 200, by sunday it was $25! Not going for much right now.

It was probably a repeat, but I was watching Motor Trend last night, an episode of "Fantom Works." They were doing a 64 Barracuda. I can't believe some of the things that were said. A guy is beating on a fender and a quarter panel, tells you "how rare" the parts are..."unobtainable!" How many 64-65 Barracuda fenders do you think the members here on the forum have laying around? Then they are installing the rear glass...which "replacements are "non-existent." GIVE ME A BREAK! Hell! I've seen them on Ebay, here on the forum, with one member claiming to have a bunch of them. Finally, (under the impression it was a totally stock 64) since when did a 64 Barracuda come from the factory with an aluminum intake and Edelbrock 4 barrel? Did he say $21,000 for the restoration? Did I miss something?

Both fantom works & that 64 are in my my area. Familiar with both.
All i will say is they do very good work. If you have $$$$$$$$$ to equal tv drama clients they covet.

Those rear windows NEVER break, even if you roll it!

They are tough as nails but are prone to getting deep scratches in outer layer of glass plus severe weather damage due to size and angle of back glass if your cuda has sat outside.

-
Back