'64 barrauda transmission park cable

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
My buddy Larry just bought a '64 Barrauda and the park cable from the push button transmission is in bad shape. Any Idea where he can get one? I found one on eBay but they want $485.00! It would be cheaper to replace the transmission with a 904. By the way does the '64 transmission use the same converter as the 904? Thanks for your help.

Hey Guys,
My buddy Larry just bought a '64 Barrauda and the park cable from the push button transmission is in bad shape. Any Idea where he can get one? I found one on eBay but they want $485.00! It would be cheaper to replace the transmission with a 904. By the way does the '64 transmission use the same converter as the 904? Thanks for your help.
Hey Guys,
He needs the cable for the gears ,not the parking.

If it is the shift cable might have a used one. I sold the parking and could not believe the offer on it. Hard to find new for sure.

I have this one (shift) moves free covering has a chip, easy fix with plasticdip. If needed shoot me a fair offer.
DSC05916.JPG
DSC05917.JPG

Hey Guys,
Probably not. Your buddy's 64 will have a 904 in it. The early(up to 1967) 904 converters had a small pilot(goes into the crankshaft) of 1.550", and it would have the 18 spline input shaft. It also probably has a 122tooth ring gear. Later 904's had the 1.810 pilot and a 27 spline input shaft.

Probably not. Your buddy's 64 will have a 904 in it. The early(up to 1967) 904 converters had a small pilot(goes into the crankshaft) of 1.550", and it would have the 18 spline input shaft. It also probably has a 122tooth ring gear. Later 904's had the 1.810 pilot and a 27 spline input shaft.
I knew it would be different LOL. I also knew I could get an answer here, thanks for the info, you saved us a whole lot of grief.

Werent there two different lengths, dash shifter and floor shifter?

What was i thinking? First words was push button transmission.

Think they are all the same not 100% sure this is from a 65 floor 904

Hey Guys,
No. the push button converter and input shafts are completely different from the 904.

As for the cables, used is your best bet. Trouble is, finding a good used set is hard. You can try imperial services, who actually makes the Ebay cables (only guy left that does make these cables) but it is much quicker to buy via ebay.

Imperial Services - '62-'74 B-Body Parts

Werent there two different lengths, dash shifter and floor shifter?

Yes, there are two different lengths between the floor cable shifted and the dash mounted push buttons. HOWEVER, you CAN use the floor shifted cable in a Dash pushbutton, the floor shifted cables are longer by a couple inches so you'd have to route them to take up the slack but it is possible. you CANNOT though, use the dash cables on a floor cable shifted car.

Also, NOTE: in SOME MODELs, mostly Plymouths, the cables for the transmissions did not depend on the engine types. In Plymouths, the slant 6 to the Hemi, all used the same cable. HOWEVER, the Dodges used two different cables, one for the slant6 and 318 Poly, and another for the Big blocks and hemi cars. (an inch difference maybe, if that, get the big block one and it will work on all)

If you have any questions, let me know.

To my good fortune, I found a guy nearby who had a new one sitting around, scored it for 60 bucks.

-
Back