64 Dart Hardtop Window Adjustment

-

DalePSC

Reaction score
I am replacing the window gasket/seals on my 64 Dart GT hardtop. Looking at the seal cross-section, there is an outer lip (exterior side), a center channel, and a static inner lip. In the factory technical manual for this car, it says to adjust the window glass so that the top edge of the window mates with the outer lip and pushes it slightly inward when the door is closed. That generally makes sense. However, when the window is rolled down, then back up, it naturally seats in the center channel. The rear quarter window also seats nicely in the inner channel. Are there meant to be two "modes" of sealing for the door glass: 1) mating against the outer lip when the door is closed, and 2) seated in the center channel when the window is rolled down/up without opening the door? Mode (1) causes the door window to be pushed out slightly from the quarter window, whereas mode (2) results in a good seal and both windows aligned properly. Any past experience, hints or recommendations would be appreciated!

Bumping this; anyone with experience installing a new roof rail weatherstrip? The instructions from the shop manual are shown in the images. My problem: The rear quarter window seats well, between the inner and outer lip. On the front (door) window, I adjust so that it seals as shown in the photo when closing the door, but then it is out of line with the quarter window. Rolling the door window down and then back up results in the two windows being relatively in-line. Seems like I am doing something wrong, but I'm not sure what.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Still looking for an answer; anyone have recommendations?

-
Back