64 Dart Headlight bezel weatherstripping

-

Claydart

MOPAR to the very bones
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
s-l1600-jpg.jpg
Hi everyone, I am asking this question again, since I didn't get any responses the last time. Can anybody point me in the right direction to find these parts? They are small weatherstripping pieces that go in between the headlight bezel and the hood. They are about 7-8 inches in length and have mounting tabs with push in clips to hold them in. They have a round profile with a flat mounting area, and I think that they should be somewhat flexible to seal the gap between the hood and bezels. I can seem to be able to get any info on these pieces from any source that I try. If possible I will attach a picture of a couple that I found on ebay that were basically junk.

Make, year, and model would help a bunch. A wanted ad is what you need.

Without car Info the answer could be anything? :(
Or do we have to guess the car too?

SORRY!!!! It was on my original draft! 1964 Dodge Dart. And a wanted ad is what I had, I would just like to know if these are available or not. There is another member here who would like a set also, and I am trying to help everyone who has this dilemma out.

View attachment 1715406482 The headlight bezel goes over that flat piece.
No one I have seen makes these parts. I have a(I think I do anyway) left and a right off of my older 64 and was thinking of reproducing them , but they are far down on my list of parts to be made. I'm concentrating on making my convertible parts, speaker kickpanels and other easier to produce stuff on my vacuum former first before I got to that part of the list.

That would be great if you could reproduce those, I have been looking for a long time, without any success either. I think that they should br flexible though. It seems to me that these parts would seal the gap between the bezel and hood area. I was going to try and find a piece of rubber weatherstripping and fit that in there. Like from a company like Steele or one of those rubber parts companies. If you decide to try and make them, let me know please. By the way, have you perfected the glove box yet?

That would be great if you could reproduce those, I have been looking for a long time, without any success either. I think that they should br flexible though. It seems to me that these parts would seal the gap between the bezel and hood area. I was going to try and find a piece of rubber weatherstripping and fit that in there. Like from a company like Steele or one of those rubber parts companies. If you decide to try and make them, let me know please. By the way, have you perfected the glove box yet?

I'll double check on the pieces I have and see how they are to mold (it will take a bit though) I'm thinking flexible black resin that they use for movie props. it's like a plastic that is springy but still holds a stiff shape.
I'm able to form the boxes pretty good now. I'm just in the final phase of making sure I can cut it out and look good (reliably) the kick panels are still going okay, and the convertible top side pieces need final cutout out work also. I just have too many irons in the fire right now since I'm doing 60-69 Lincoln door panel boards. Also for the trim guy I work for that is doing custom interiors and he's keeping me pretty busy.

Last edited:
That sounds like a lot, just don't burn yourself out.
doing this stuff "relieves" my stress level. it's actually what I do for relaxation. I just don't get enough time to actually work on some of these projects since I have wayyyy too many ongoing right now. Along with these I'm learning interior work, how to install convertible tops (ohh and finish up the tops for custom work) making cut and sewn carpets, designing heel pad molds for different cars and working on custom eurethane rubber floor mats for different cars(and before you ask yeah the dart is going to get some here is a mock up (ignore the colors they are for definition to actually see what levels I'm cutting stuff at.) it's a image so the gas pedal will be designed into the layout AFTER I figure out where it goes in the floor., if you have a cable operated one then the cutout doesn't matter (left cutout is for dimmer switch)

130.jpg

That's cool, I'd like to see a mock-up of a 64 GT. Like the fratzog with GT in it, like the emblem from the pillar on the 64 GT. And maybe the 67 GTS also.

That's cool, I'd like to see a mock-up of a 64 GT. Like the fratzog with GT in it, like the emblem from the pillar on the 64 GT. And maybe the 67 GTS also.
you mean like this? If I ever get time and more money then yep it'll happen.

Fratzog GF mat.jpg

Last edited:
That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!!! If you ever make any of those, I want some!!! What kind of money are you talking, to get set up making them?

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking!!! If you ever make any of those, I want some!!! What kind of money are you talking, to get set up making them?

Since I have a small homebuilt CNC and a vacuum former it's just labor and materials. it'll probably cost 400-500 for initial materials for the molds, then superfine polishing the actual model so everything is "smooth as a babys butt" then the casting of the part into the mold. (another cost but R&D should be already done)
But first I have to finish up my vacuum formed glove boxes and a few other projects that I have on the fire (convertible rear Arm rest pads and dash pads too!) Then I'll go into the floor mats and other cast rubber pieces, and yeah that includes your headlight ring rubber pieces.

Nice! I can't wait to see how all of your projects turn out.
Me TOO! . taking too much time to get things right and other projects making a lot more money are in the way right now. But I'm slowly working on them.

Nice! I can't wait to see how all of your projects turn out.
here is a test to see if it's comes out nice on the master male model. The orange paint was sprayed on to see if I could get within .001 of surface finish on my home built unit. close enough for me not to whine too bad.

might be some nice wall plaques. since I'm testing the Dart GT one out now. Hope I don't break any bits while I'm in here.
006.jpg
008.jpg

Wow! I think you are really talented, my friend!
Thanks, here is an update on the heel pad design. (I'm still fighting the cutout on the glove boxes so don't give up on them yet) these are the male models that will be a model to make silicone female molds so they can be poured for different colors.Tthe actual heel pad and floor mat will be "sort of" reversed so the lettering and logo's fit in there and can be bonded into the rubber. I still have to get the silicone molds made after I perfect the top surface of these parts. whew!
009.jpg
010.jpg
011.jpg

I am trying to find hedlight bezel weatherstrip for my 64 Dart GT. Are you making these now?

Yeah, if you are, I'm in for a couple of pairs of those for sure!!

Try and find any of those, even crappy ones! I was going to try and make some with my 3D printer and flexible filament, but that stuff is very difficult to work with.

-
Back