64 to 66 barracuda

Mopar Body and Trim

1. Frank Dinatally

Frank Dinatally Member

Local Time:
    6:28 PM
    Hi everyone
    I am looking to buy an early barracuda and noticed some have black front and rear glass lock-in strips and others have chrome ones. I believe chrome is the correct one . What is the reason for the black and which is correct. Thanx in advance for all responses
    Frank

2. Rick@Laysons

Rick@Laysons FABO Vendor FABO Vendor

Local Time:
    3:28 PM
    The factory correct lock strip has "ribs" in it and it does have a chrome/metallic appearance to it.

The currently available lock strip is metallic in appearance, but does not have the "ribbing" in it.

3. Frank Dinatally

Frank Dinatally Member

Local Time:
    Thank you Rick How hard is it to get rid of the black one and install chrome one

4. Rick@Laysons

Rick@Laysons FABO Vendor FABO Vendor

Local Time:
    3:28 PM
    Just simply a matter of removing the black lock-strip then re-installing the new one. You do not have to remove the glass or do anything else....

We do offer a lock-strip tool, part# BW-47000...1963-66 A-body Windshield lockstrip installation tool...$19.95

BW-47000.JPG

5. Michael Brisebois

Michael Brisebois FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    I thought that non-chrome was correct, based on mine as the rear glass was never removed and had no chrome..I bought a chrome locking strip to add a little "bling" , but when I removed the original....the non-exposed side was chrome. The new locking strips are different, but look great

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.