64 Valiant Convertible

-

dvorak

Reaction score
I just picked up this 64 valiant convertible. It is not all original, but it is a nice car. My wife wants me to install seat belts in the rear seat. We do have a 7 year old so it would not be a bad idea. My question is, has anyone done this and what would be the best way to go about this? Would any certain seat belts work better than others? Thanks

100_1184.jpg

Nice man, good buy. I cant help you with the seat belts, i have a 64 dart.

Real good looking car!

I have put three times seat belts in a back seat for my A-Bodies.

Once i use these kinds of belts: http://tinyurl.com/38hh3z

It was little bit hard to meke them fit and work well but it takes a little time and they will work.

Second time i use Dart stationwagon orginal belts in a rear, no problem what so ever, i still have it in my wagon...

Third time we put one of my friends A-body rear belts, he has a two sons and they was in a safety seats so we put it RCI-racing belts, five-point modells, kids love it, they think they was sitting in a race car...
Racing belts are little bit "hard to wear" but it is one way to do it.

Nice, I put some in the back of my 64 Valiant sedan. I drilled a hole and used big washers on both sides of the floor. I've got two little girls one three and seven.

Lee

Forgot to mention.... I already got the seat belts I'm going to install. They came from JC Whitney. They have a chrome flip top buckle that looks pretty correct. The piece that inserts has notches on the sides insted of the two square holes but once they are buckled they look pretty similar to the front ones.

-
Back