64 Valiant Slant 6 Fan Shroud

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Did the 64 Valiant slant 6 ever come with a fan shroud and if it did was it even worth adding? I've seen some I "thought" might be correct, but they were nothing more than a circle made from what appears to be no more than a strip of metal only about 1.5" wide if that.

I can't recall ever seeing one on a /6 early A, but I have seen several of the sheet metal fan shrouds that were exactly as you described. The dang shrouds weighed as much as the radiator!

I can't recall ever seeing one on a /6 early A, but I have seen several of the sheet metal fan shrouds that were exactly as you described. The dang shrouds weighed as much as the radiator!
I think I am going to either make one, or modify one. No over heating at all, but I am getting ready to swap to a better fan and smaller water pump pulley "just because" I have them and I thought I might add a shroud, too.

I have a factory slant fan shroud for an early A with the brackets for mounting to the radiator. No idea of the part numbers. I can check on the numbers and get pics when we get home. Am currently in Switzerland. Leaving for Sweden, Finland and Estonia before returning to the US the end of then month. PM me if interested

In '64, you could only get a 19" radiator. Starting in '65 you could get a 22".

-
Back