65/65/66 Barracuda RearSeat Latch Cover

-

clifcuda65

Old Mopar Geezer
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many have ever even seen the rear seat "Plastic" latch cover... where the bar locks onto the rear wheel hump... As the original ones that came with the 1st generation 64/65/66 Barracudas did not last long... Well, here in Arizona they didn't last anyways... Fact is other Barracuda peeps have seen them on my cuda... and didn't even know there was such a part... Or asked where they could get them... At the time I told them "Good Luck"... It took me years to find the ones I have and they are quite fragile being so old... and I've had to repair them... Soon I hope to have New Ones :)

1st pic (My 65 Cuda) is what one looks like in a 64/65/66 Barracuda so you know what I'm talking about...

Next two pictures are of one that just came out of a test mold... (A re-Pop) Made of a better grade plastic then the original ones... I brought this one home to evaluate...

So... any interest out there ???

Thats an awesome piece. Mine turned into powder upon removal! lol I'm interested in a set. Whats the price point? put me first in line!! :)

Thats an awesome piece. Mine turned into powder upon removal! lol I'm interested in a set. Whats the price point? put me first in line!! :)

Yeah, Mine keep wanting to turn into powder.. so I do know what you are saying swing69...
However, the one I have is only a test part from his mold.... Yes, he has a right and a left mold... and I saw some Black ones on his desk that looked awesome... He did say he could make them in some colors... but these also can be painted. The one I have now he just wants me to evaluate and get back to him if I can find anything not right about it...
As for price... he said that's not figured out yet... And... I'm also NOT the one who would be selling them but I will give anyone his link when the time comes... if there is any demand...
Who Knows, he may just make them for his 65 Formula "S" Cuda (and Mine I hope)... as when he saw mine a few years ago, he wanted them... He showed me how he does them in a Pressure Mold... But said it takes hours for them to cure before being released...

Hey, swing69... I just wrote your name down... so you are 1st on a list just in case...

mine are also long gone would really clean the latch area up. let me know if you make some to sell and what the price is.

Hey you know clifcuda....you could always send me yours......

seriously, I doing the resto with the kids in the autoshop. I thought about making these, but don't have the equipment. I have made badges in silicone molds, but this is a special process for these parts. I'll take any color and just paint them. We're painting everything else in the interior already. anything will work for use, second quality....whatever pops out first will work. We are definitely not building a show car lol I think you can see one peeking out from behind the seat!

Our interior is blue....but we'll paint whatever we can get. maybe your bud can just make them all in one color to keep pricing down. That would also avoid having runs on diff. colors, and other sitting on shelves. I don't know the colors that were produced;
maybe: Red, Gold, Blue, Black. any others?

Attachments

• int4.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 495
Yes swin69... He said he was going to try Blue, Red, and Gold... Black is easy...
But yeah... they can be painted easily... His thoughts on this is that if he can get the color close... and you paint them to get it even closer to what you really want... if they get scratched they won't show the scratches as much... He knows what he's doing... this is his baby!!!
I'm just grateful someone is making them!!!

I've squeezed and flexed the sample that would have just crumbled my gold ones to dust...

OK...I'll sit tight! just glad he'll make some. prob. black should be the first run. I'll take whatever he does! thanks. keep me informed please.
Mike

I hunted for a long time to find the ones for my car and they are old and a bit brittle so depending on price, I would be interested......

Depending on price, I might be interested in a set of black. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I'm going to narrow the back seat just to have one that won't be used, except by the dogs.

swing69, hdroyals, ptbill, grimreaper, Roadcuda, Brad4406.... I'll pass this on to him... And PM you when he figures out price... and give you the info on how to contact him direct if you're still interested...

After I get a NEW set for MY Cuda that is...:coffee2::blob:

swing69, hdroyals, ptbill, grimreaper, Roadcuda, Brad4406.... I'll pass this on to him... And PM you when he figures out price... and give you the info on how to contact him direct if you're still interested...

After I get a NEW set for MY Cuda that is...:coffee2::blob:

I'd also be interested.

You don't think you could get him to reproduce the plastic for the corners of the trim at bottom of the back glass do you....??

gotcha. I didn't take mine out yet, I thought they were steel! lol. Now I know to be careful.....

I guess all that has to come out to get the rear glass out, yes?

You don't think you could get him to reproduce the plastic for the corners of the trim at bottom of the back glass do you....??

@ grimreaper... I'll mention that to Chris... :)

As for the Latch Covers...

Probably looking at January for any sort of production on the rear seat latch covers... Chris was like... "Oh really" (with a Smile) on the over night feed back I sent him this morning... So, You Guys by giving your feed back has caused him to press on with the project !!! I thank You for that !!! :coffee2:

And 66fs, 65cuda360 & djpearce... I have added you to the list...

Those latch covers look awesome!! If mine wern't mint already I would snap up a set! Might still depending on the price!

Here's a pic of the rear interior corner pieces mentioned above! They are mucho in demando also!! Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 392
If this comes off in the new year, I would be interested in a set (depending on price - as most others say) please. Can you add me to the list please?

Those latch covers look awesome!! If mine wern't mint already I would snap up a set! Might still depending on the price!

Here's a pic of the rear interior corner pieces mentioned above! They are mucho in demando also!! Geof

I'll second that.

Those covers would be an easy sell, especially on eBay....tell your buddy to make a run for FABO then raise the price and sell more on eBay! Every pair Of latch covers I ever had sold in a heartbeat :glasses7:

-
Back