65 Barracuda exhaust pics.

-

Don K

Reaction score
My father in law owned a muffler exhaust shop for 30 years. He still has all the equipment and is helping me with the dual exhaust on my 65 Barracuda. I bought a kit from summit that is for a 67, it's close. The problem is the kit is for headers and I'm running manifolds. So we have to build and bend from the manifolds back to the kit. Drivers side looks pretty strait forward, however the passenger side looks a bit more challenging. So I thought before we do some trial end error, if any one out there has some pics of there set up it might save us some time and headache.
Thanks

Mine are Flex-Piped right now, but might give you an idea.

pipe.jpg

My father in law owned a muffler exhaust shop for 30 years. He still has all the equipment and is helping me with the dual exhaust on my 65 Barracuda. I bought a kit from summit that is for a 67, it's close. The problem is the kit is for headers and I'm running manifolds. So we have to build and bend from the manifolds back to the kit. Drivers side looks pretty strait forward, however the passenger side looks a bit more challenging. So I thought before we do some trial end error, if any one out there has some pics of there set up it might save us some time and headache.
Thanks
The early transmission crossmember is only notched on the drivers side for single. (no duals ever factory installed on 63-66.) You either modify/notch the right side or build the pipes below the crossmember. (Micky Mouse) There's threads here about crossmember mods.

The early transmission crossmember is only notched on the drivers side for single. (no duals ever factory installed on 63-66.) You either modify/notch the right side or build the pipes below the crossmember. (Micky Mouse) There's threads here about crossmember mods.
I have already notched the crossmember.

I had a 65 that a PO had custom bent a set of pipes from the manifolds back to the mufflers and a set of tailpipes that you could hardly see where they downturned - I saved the headpipes to use on my 65 but decided to go with a complete Commando exhaust instead. When I get home from the National's, I can take some pics if needed

Last edited:
I had a 65 that a PO had custome bent a set of pipes from the manifolds back to the mufflers and a set of tailpipes that you could hardly see where they downturned - I saved the headpipes to use on my 65 but decided to go with a complete Commando exhaust instead. When I get home from the Bationals, I can take some pics if needed
That would be great.

Back when I was still running 340 exhaust manifolds on my 65 Barracuda, I just ran mostly stock replacement A body 340 pipes.

On the right side, when I was running a late A body 340 manifold with center outlet, a 71 Duster 340 pipe was almost a bolt in; just had to weld in a 1-2 inch section between the first and second turns after exiting the manifold. When I switched to the early rear outlet 340 manifold, had to bend a 2-3 foot section from the manifold down to the pipe. Until I put TTI headers and exhaust on it, I just ran the right pipe under the stock, uncut crossmember. It really didn't hang that low (see below), but they were only 2 1/4 pipes. When I put 2.5 inch TTI in, I notched the crossmember.

DSCF0443 (2).jpg

On the driver's side, I had to have a 2-3 foot section bent from the manifold down to the pipe. Stock 340 exhaust pipe from there back.

For tail pipes, Walker replacement pipes for an A body 340 fit perfectly, and I hooked them up to factory 69 Barracuda chrome tips. Even with the TTI exhaust I have now, I'm still running the last two feet of the 340 tail pipes and tips (the TTI tail pipes fit, but I could NOT get them to come out at the visually correct angle), but from there forward, it's all TTI 2.5 inch mandrel bent, with TTI headers. Sold the HP 340 manifolds for enough money to pay for the headers. <g>

65 Barracuda 2.jpg

Back when I was still running 340 exhaust manifolds on my 65 Barracuda, I just ran mostly stock replacement A body 340 pipes.

On the right side, when I was running a late A body 340 manifold with center outlet, a 71 Duster 340 pipe was almost a bolt in; just had to weld in a 1-2 inch section between the first and second turns after exiting the manifold. When I switched to the early rear outlet 340 manifold, had to bend a 2-3 foot section from the manifold down to the pipe. Until I put TTI headers and exhaust on it, I just ran the right pipe under the stock, uncut crossmember. It really didn't hang that low (see below), but they were only 2 1/4 pipes. When I put 2.5 inch TTI in, I notched the crossmember.

View attachment 1715783873

On the driver's side, I had to have a 2-3 foot section bent from the manifold down to the pipe. Stock 340 exhaust pipe from there back.

For tail pipes, Walker replacement pipes for an A body 340 fit perfectly, and I hooked them up to factory 69 Barracuda chrome tips. Even with the TTI exhaust I have now, I'm still running the last two feet of the 340 tail pipes and tips (the TTI tail pipes fit, but I could NOT get them to come out at the visually correct angle), but from there forward, it's all TTI 2.5 inch mandrel bent, with TTI headers. Sold the HP 340 manifolds for enough money to pay for the headers. <g>

View attachment 1715783872
They look great!

Here you go

2026F34F-11BF-4967-A94F-9298C0803FB0.jpeg

B492C60F-6540-42DD-A962-CDC716BA11BF.jpeg

D1339A51-F1DE-4BB8-861C-BA2242A470EB.jpeg

I listed them in a free ad and they are now gone

546FD8F2-7806-4DE3-AB85-CF37448DCBB7.jpeg

-
Back