'65 Barracuda - rocker moulding clips & parts sourcing?

-

moper

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture and source for the rocker moulding clips on my '65? Apparently 1" sheet metal screws are not original fasteners...lol

I'm also looking for door weatherstrip seals, window fuzzies, and a body gasket/seal (paint) kit... These websites are horrid trying to find stuff so if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

RS-80S, rocker molding clip kit(20 clips and plugs), $79.95...in stock

PLEASE NOTE: If using this clip for the A-body 1965 Rocker panel mldg, the clip is for a different vehicle but can be made to work with a little light sanding on either end before they test fit to rocker mldg.....they must be slightly alterered first in order to make work for the A-body

Thanks Guys!
Rick - I'll be calling you on a couple other doo-dads too... You're already on my list.

This is what I used on my 65 Cuda for the rocker moulding... The one on the right is the new clip... the left one is the original stock clip...

Attachments

• RETAINER.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 465
I found clips at a local Auto Fastener store that fit perfectly. I can't remember the name or part number, but I'll see if I kept one of the boxes they came in.

Those look like they use the studs to attach tho. The right ones go in a hole. I'm not welding the studs on so the first batch looks like they'll work with the factory holes.

I have 64,65 barracuda parts and a few connections but no clips left I do have 1 car left I am parting out and another if the weather ever brakes here in wisc .had my new motor and trans built ,picked it up last weekend in nov. and it turned below 0 all friggn winter to cold to heat shop or dig out parts .so got above 0 for a whole day today and hope its looking like spring may be on the way .so if you need parts I may have them or if you need to clean your shop I may buy in lots from you pm me or right me down in your 64/65 barracuda pars book hope we kik this year off soon ,I got the need to get sideways gl guys stay safe

Those look like they use the studs to attach tho. The right ones go in a hole. I'm not welding the studs on so the first batch looks like they'll work with the factory holes.

No studs... no welding... no drilling... Those were 5/32 pop riveted on using the stock (factory) holes by using a expander (the black looking thing)...

Or... I could also have just drilled another hole for a small flat head sheet metal screw...

Attachments

• Retainer2.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 395
Anybody got a clue what to do if your mounting studs were shaved off approx. 25 year ago like mine were? I found a usable set of moldings for the rockers but not a clue how to mount them properly with out a whole bunch of holes and screws.
Joe

Anybody got a clue what to do if your mounting studs were shaved off approx. 25 year ago like mine were? I found a usable set of moldings for the rockers but not a clue how to mount them properly with out a whole bunch of holes and screws.
Joe
Thats how its done.. 1 screw in the front of each molding and about 6 or 8 "clips" that are attached to the rocker panels through holes in the rocker.. the clips get inserted them the center pin gets pushed in to tighten the clip the the body.. then the molding snaps on over the clips and then the front screw is put in..

OK, I guess I need to return these 3/8 lag bolts I had planed on using!

Nah, just kidding. I honestly had no idea what when first as I don't remember the car ever having them. Did they come on all cars or just as an option?
Joe

-
Back