"65 Barracuda Roll Call" just curious..how many of you have one?

-

65goldcuda

@65_Cuda w/408/727/Dana 60
Reaction score
Hi guys, I was asked the a question at a car show Saturday night, that I really couldn't answer very well. I was asked how many 65 Cudas are on the road still? I told him I had no idea for sure..but I guessed it was less than a few thousand. I do know there were about 65,000 produced..and that as far as I know, I have the only one in the Houston MOPAR Car Club, and I told him I knew of at least 10 or so on FABO. (but I am sure there are probably more but this seemed like a good way to find out). I tried to figure out a way to search that on the forum...but didn't really have any luck..(not sure exactly if that is even possible).

So if you have a 65 Cuda..post a reply. Is it a running and driving car..or a "parts car"? Is it restored or original? Tell me how many you know about in your area? What color is your car? etc..

Hope this is ok to ask..seemed like this might be a good way to find out the mystery.

Thanks..

Here.

500in RB, ladder bar and coil-over rear suspension, and narrowed Dana 60. Currently 4-speed, but plan to install a T56. Not anywhere close to being on the road yet.

Attachments

• DSCF4518.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 904
  • DSCF4517.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 906
  • DSCF4519.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 893
  • DSCF3994.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 912
See my avatar in daily driver condition: originally white California 1965 Formula S with automatic, factory AC, PS, PB. Previous owner put in a 1980's 318 (with the original valve covers and AFB carb), rallye wheels, and an 8 3/4 rear end with 489 member. Have only seen one other first generation Barracuda in Baja California Sur, but it is a not running 1966 model.

Attachments

• DSC01276.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 895
I have one as well and it's final all one color,,, primer grey.
It's a 273 2 barrel 4 sp car factory. Have a 360 magum to go in with the factory 4 sp someday...

Attachments

• cudaprim1.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 929
I have a 65 273/2 barrel 4 speed Barracuda not currently running due no oil pressure. The plan is to swap in a rebuilt 66 273/235, use the original B & T 4 speed and add a 3.23 SG 8.75 rear end and a set of Kelsey Hayes disc brakes. Then drive it a bit to make sure everything is good to go, then ship it to my son who lives in the Netherlands. it needs a repaint but he said he'll get that taken care of there.

Here.

500in RB, ladder bar and coil-over rear suspension, and narrowed Dana 60. Currently 4-speed, but plan to install a T56. Not anywhere close to being on the road yet.

Wow!!! that thing is going to be a 9.5-11 second car for sure! Man... that thing will scream!

Thanks to everyone so far. We are up to 5 so far! I have loved looking at your cars! I especially like Dibbons and Keith Mopar..they look like very original cars. As you probably saw..I did the 360 magnum conversion. Expensive but well worth it! Keep them coming if there are still a few of you out there!

Here is my 1965. It has the original 273 4 bbl. engine rebuilt with a 904 automatic. Also a MP electronic ignition, 8-3/4 rear, BBP wheel conversion, and one repaint about 20 years ago. I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area and this is the only 1st generation Cuda I've ever seen around here. At the WMMC (Wisconsin Mopar Muscle Club) shows it is the only one that ever shows up.

Attachments

• 1965 Cuda Formula S-DS.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 910
  • 1965 Cuda Formula S S-PS.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 922
  • WMMC_QUADEN_201436.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 894
My son's 1st car for himself - we got it done in time for his whole second half of his senior year of High School last year. Was his daily driver for nearly a year, now he has a pick-up and only takes the B'cuda out a couple of times a week. We are also nearly finished cutting up a parts car.

Attachments

• rt front.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 893
  • lf rear.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 867
I have a 65 Formula S. Original 273 commando with automatic transmission. Currently not on the road. Painted most of the interior today and hopefully will finish the exterior in a month or so.has now seat covers and new carpet. Has new leaf springs, brakes, shocks and replacing all gaskets in the body.

Attachments

• 101902_1505[00](1).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 859
PTBill. Post a picture of your ivory fish. Would like to see how it looks.

Mine is factory silver with black stripes factory. 273 Commando 4 speed and factory black interior. I have cut up and parted 3 so far and one of those was a factory /6 with a 4 speed too bad she was too rusty to save.

Doesn't show very well, but turned out better than I expected.

Attachments

• WP_20150622_004.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 827
Here and running... Mine is the White & Gold 65 and my buddy Chris's Gold on Gold 65 alongside of me is also still on the road... Both are Formula "S" cars with 4 Speeds... We have a few others running here in Arizona where RUST is not too much of a problem...

Clif of Az. :coffee2:

Attachments

• Chris_clif_cuda_65.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 842
I'm concerned about the shine. I added a lot more flattening agent than it called for. Took pictures before totally dry. Maybe in the morning it will not look so glossy.

I have this parts car!! It was in a building that collapsed, and they pulled it out by the nose!! The top is crushed, it's been worked over, it's a /6 auto! Not going to save it! Will sell anything and everything off of it tho!! Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 851
65, 225/, gold. Purchased in Seattle WA by my dad for my mom. Drive train rebuilt, working on body and suspension. On the road, at this point, someday

Here's mine, just pulled the engine last week and working on freshening up the engine bay while motor and transmission are out

Attachments

• Camera backupJan2014 545.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 806
-
Back