65 cuda

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I am restoring a 65 cuda with a carter 1 bl card. I took it apart and it is full of gunk. Even though I am cleaning it would I be better to buy a rebuilt one. If I do I can only find a holly. Some say that would be better than the carter. Others say stay with the carter. This is my first total restoration and I need some advice from some of you guys.
Thanks
Tadams

rebuilt carbs-- from parts stores are not good. You would have better luck rebuilding yours or kitting another 1 bbl. or-- SSdan on slantsix.org has brand new ones for sale.
I have 2 parts bbs carbs from early 60's slant cars-- no holeys.Lawrence

I bought a new carter from rockauto.com about a year ago. Napa should have the rebuild kits and the carbs are really easy to rebuild as long as all the parts are freely moving.

thanks for the reply.
the napa kit doesn't appear to be the right one. the numbers don't match with what it calls for. I've taken this one apart soaked and cleaned it well but am at a standstill.
thanks again.

a lot of people tell me to use a 2 barrell. what would I have to change or does it fit as is.where would I purchase one if I was to go that way. I guess with fuel prices I was just being cheep with what I had.

The 2 BBL option is nice but not neccessary. Get a Walker Kit for your carb if you can find one. PM SSDan on slantsix.org he has NOS carbs and can tell you where the best place to get your kit is. Or PM me and give me your contact info and I will do it for you.
Frank

thanks for your advice. I think I found a source today and will check AM.

I found out today the carb was not the original which was why I couldn;t get the NAPA kit. Anyway thanks to all who gave me help.
Talk to you guys soon.
Tadams

-
Back