65 Dart 225 A.C. compressor rebuild

-

sgrip65

66 Dart GT 273, 65 Dart GT 273 HiPo
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Members. I am in the process of restoring a 65 Dodge Dart GT Charger Clone. Inam going to make an arrempt at restoring/rebuilding the RV2 A.C. compressor. This compressor came from a slant six 225, but I will be installing it onto a 273 HiPo. I do have a set of V8 A.C. brackets. I am assuming the compressor is the same whether it came from a 225 or a V8. Am I correct? Secondly, are the rebuild kits available considering gaskets, seals, bearings, and etc? If so, who carries these kits. As well, what else in the lines, evaporator, or other parts will I need to rework? Thanks for the help. sgrip65

Members. I am in the process of restoring a 65 Dodge Dart GT Charger Clone. Inam going to make an arrempt at restoring/rebuilding the RV2 A.C. compressor. This compressor came from a slant six 225, but I will be installing it onto a 273 HiPo. I do have a set of V8 A.C. brackets. I am assuming the compressor is the same whether it came from a 225 or a V8. Am I correct? Secondly, are the rebuild kits available considering gaskets, seals, bearings, and etc? If so, who carries these kits. As well, what else in the lines, evaporator, or other parts will I need to rework? Thanks for the help. sgrip65

Not the same. Some /6 have large single grove pulleys. Most of the V8 double pulleys. The clutches are different sizes too. Both will work with the correct pulley. Easy rebuild if the internals are good.

-
Back