65 Dart build thread?

-

Patch

Patch
Reaction score
Hi all! Years ago there was a thread on here about a 65 Dart build. The gentleman had outstanding pictures and modified the body/running gear/suspension quite a bit. I believe he 4 linked it and put a coil over suspension in the front. Is that thread still around? Thanks in advance..Patch.

Hi all! Years ago there was a thread on here about a 65 Dart build. The gentleman had outstanding pictures and modified the body/running gear/suspension quite a bit. I believe he 4 linked it and put a coil over suspension in the front. Is that thread still around? Thanks in advance..Patch.
Not sure if this is the one you are talking about. This car was sold unfinished. There are a few build threads with early A body cars with a ton of mods done to them. These cars are all very similar as far as what will work and and won’t. Pro Touring 10K

That's quite a build, but that isn't the one. He grafted in subframe connectors, went with a potent 360 and was in the racecar building industry.....shoot, maybe it's been longer than I thought.....like 8-10 Years now. I'll keep looking.....thank you!

That's quite a build, but that isn't the one. He grafted in subframe connectors, went with a potent 360 and was in the racecar building industry.....shoot, maybe it's been longer than I thought.....like 8-10 Years now. I'll keep looking.....thank you!
Do share if you dig it up.

This is my 65, I've owned this car since 1969. It has gone through many different stages of modifications. "Back half, ladder bar, Dana 60, [32X14X15 tires] Wheelie bars, Trans brake; [904], Frame ties, 8 point cage, rack, coil overs front and rear. [no torsion bars] Tube K member and control arms, [small block R-3] Runs consistent 9.50's @ 138

Dart on Wheelie Bars rear view.JPG

-
Back