65 Dart GT body trim

-

Tad

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m looking at sanding the body and painting my 65 Dart. Does the chrome and stainless trim have studs and nuts that hold it onto the body or is it snapped onto clips?

Some is secured with nuts to built-in studs such as the fender guides at the front and top of the fenders. The trim on top of the fenders snaps onto clips and “might” also have a screw securing the rear (can’t remember. Same with the door and trim by the quarter windows. The top of the quarter panel trim is held on with clips and nuts inside the trunk. The hood trim at the front also has clips and pal nuts as do the candy canes. Other trim should be self explanatory.

Some is secured with nuts to built-in studs such as the fender guides at the front and top of the fenders. The trim on top of the fenders snaps onto clips and “might” also have a screw securing the rear (can’t remember. Same with the door and trim by the quarter windows. The top of the quarter panel trim is held on with clips and nuts inside the trunk. The hood trim at the front also has clips and pal nuts as do the candy canes. Other trim should be self explanatory.
Agree, I've had mine off a couple times for paint. Most all the trim has bolts and pal nuts only a couple push clips on the quarter panel window short trim.

Very clean pix of 65.JPG

When I got mine painted (inexpensive 1-Day auto (with a free $100 'door jamb and under hood" upgade, worked for me!) , No idea what they did but I think they removed it all! No copper paint traces under the trim that I can see (but a little under the obviously masked bumpers) . Braver than me, I'd probably bend that **** to hell trying to remove it.

-
Back