Not open for further replies.

dart_man440

Mopar 4 Life
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
Hello everyone,

Full disclosure, I do not own the vehicle, am trying to help a friend out. Due to his schedule am trying to help him sell it. He is the current owner and has the Arizona title in his name, notarized and ready for the buyer. He acquired the Dart through a trade and has owned it for almost 2 years, due to personal issues he is unable to enjoy it and has decided to sell.

The vehicle is currently located at my house in Tucson, Arizona. I can try to answer any questions you might have, if you are seriously interested, I will put you in contact with the owner.

The car is an original 1965 Dart GT, 273 V8 with an automatic transmission, non A/C, dual exhaust, bucket seats and console car, the Dart has been converted to electronic ignition. the car is in good condition for it’s age but it will need a few things.

The 273 runs strong and appears to be the original showing 14609.8K miles, however I have no history on it. The Dart has a 4 barrel Edelbrock intake with a 650 manual choke carburetor (choke cable will need to be installed, but included with the car) and it cruises down the road, the transmission shifts with no issues. All gauges work as they should.

There is leak from the thermostat housing, and a pin size hole on the timing chain cover and will need to be addressed, a replacement cover will be included with the car. The car currently has a B&M shifter, it shifts fine, however it’s loose and it will need to be fastened to the tunnel (two of the bolt nuts came undone and need to be replaced. Included with the car are the B&M shifter console and an original shifter with an original cover.

The Dart has disk brakes on the front, it retains the 7 ¼ rear end. Currently rolling on Rally wheels with center caps and beauty rings, the tires are showing age and will need to be replaced.

The body is in great condition, with no major dents or bondo that I could find. There is some small bubbling on the driver side door on the lower front corner and a small hole in the trunk near the passenger wheel well, (EDIT) "I looked again and I was able to crawl under the car to take additional photos, I will need to edit the original post. There is evidence of a 6"x1/4" patch of bondo next to the hole and I did find a section of rust approximately 4”x8” section, on the inner fender close to the hole, see attached pictures."other than that car is clean of rust. The Dart appears to have been painted once before, with the original color (Daffodil Yellow), paint is very presentable and will probably buff out easily. The trunk seal was never installed after the car was painted but a new seal is included.

The interior is the original and its sun damaged, it will need to be redone. The headliner and sail panels are missing but headliner bows, and trim is all there. The front door panels have speaker holes as does the package tray. The original stereo is in the car, it’s unknown if it works, but there is a Sony CD Head unit in the glovebox. The carpet has been replaced and it’s in great condition. All glass is present and in good condition. The windows go up and down, but they are loose and will need to be rebuilt.

For some reason the Dart is missing the windshield washer nozzles and the antenna. The car runs and drives and is registered and insured at present time. Vehicle can be driven while fixing up.

Asking price is $7500.00. OBO (price reduction)

I encourage anybody interested to come see the car in person. I tried to describe the car to the best of my ability, please pm me with any questions or if you need additional pictures. I can be available to assist loading the car for transport. Shipping arrangements are the sole responsibility of the buyer. Thank you,

3.jpeg

2.jpeg

4.jpeg

5.jpeg

6.jpeg

7.jpeg

8.jpeg

1.jpeg

Last edited:
Let me know if you need any specific pictures and I will send them to you. Thank you all,

27.jpg

23.jpeg

24.jpeg

Do you have a readable picture of the fendertag?

Thank you all for the PMs and requests for additional photos. Please let me know if you need anything else.

65dartcharger, Attached is the FT picture requested. Thank you,

John, in regards to the rust in the trunk, I looked again and I was able to crawl under the car to take additional photos, I will need to edit the original post.
There is evidence of a 6"x1/4" patch of bondo next to the hole and I did find a section of rust approximately 4”x8” section, on the inner fender close to the hole, see attached pictures. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to see,

Also, the price is OBO

Thank you,

Fen Tag.jpg

37.jpeg

33.jpeg

Rust.jpg

Strip of bondo.jpg

28.jpeg

29.jpeg

30.jpeg

31.jpeg

32.jpeg

Last edited:
TTT Price drop. I was unable to edit the first post.

Thank you all for all the questions. If this helps someone, lowered the price to $7500.00 and I might be able to deliver to San Diego or the Phoenix area. Please note that is OBO within reason. Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back