'65 Dart Slant Six Clutch Linkage picture?

-

Aaron65

Reaction score
Could anyone post a picture from the driver's side engine compartment of the clutch linkage on your '65 slant six? Mine is definitely a hodgepodge of parts (hodgedodge?), and I just want to see what's wrong. I have it working OK, but it's not perfect because I had to reshape the actuating bolt/lever into something resembling an s-shape because the clutch arm and the bellcrank don't line up.

Anyway, if anyone could post a picture I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Mine is definitely a hodgepodge of parts (hodgedodge?)

Ha-ha. That's what happens with 50 year old cars and multiple owners of varied ability. I have a 66 Valiant, three-on-the-tree that is all original. I can get you a photo tomorrow - it should be the same as your car.

Here you go, with my disclaimer - I am certain a 65 slant and 66 slant are identical under the hood, but YMMV. The diagram is from my 66 FSM.

clutch3.jpg

clutch2.jpg

clutch1.jpg

Interesting! I think the bellcrank (torque shaft assembly) on mine is incorrect...The lower protrusion that picks up the clutch rod is right up against the bellhousing. I'll have to get a picture of mine... Thank you!

Here's what I'm dealing with...sorry the pictures are bad. I need a new camera or I need to enter the cell phone age. It looks like the lower arm on my torque shaft is bent in the wrong direction. Wrong torque shaft or did someone bend it on purpose? Old cars are a mystery...
DSCF8197a.JPG

DSCF8198a.JPG

Last edited:
-
Back