65 Dodge Dart rear lap belts

-

65Dart67300

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 65 Dart GT convertible without rear seatbelts. I searched the forums and it seems like lap belts were an option, but I can't find the mounting points.

Can somebody point them out on my picture? While 3 point belts would be nice, lap belts are better than nothing for right now.

PXL_20210522_171523544.jpg

Thank Lee Robinson for the pictures. He sent them to me after I bought some rear seat belt mounts he took out of a ‘66 Dart he was parting.

Thanks for posting the pictures, and thanks to Lee for taking them. I didn't see any holes there, but at least I'll know we're to put them (with some big thick washers).

Thanks for that!
I just took the complete interior out of my 64 Val 2 days ago and one of the things on my list is to add rear belts.
I was going to reference my 69 cuda but this is perfect.

65Dart, the images are a little too grainy to pick up detail.

I'm working on 3 project cars simultaneously and my 64 Val convertible is at a friend's house. But today I took a close look. Thanks to Lee Robinson and Azaustin I was able to pinpoint the exact location. Note that Lee's pictures were obviously not a convertible but a sedan or hardtop. Regardless, I was able to locate stamped dimples in the floor pan. I drilled 1/8" holes and looked underneath the car. The dimples are actually more obvious under the car. The dimples are concave from the interior and convex from underneath.

Picture is of my 64 convertible right side so they are shown circled. I drew straight lines showing the line of spot welds connecting the floor pan to the frame rails for reference. My car is black as is most of the floor.

The hole between the spot weld lines is the seat back lower bolt location.

I hope this helps someone looking to add seat belts.

20210606_161907.jpg

Last edited:
This is interesting. I have both a 65 Dart GT coupe and a convertible and plan to put rear seatbelts in both. Lee’s car is a ‘66 coupe. Thanks back for posting these pictures. Drawing the lines on the spot welds really helps narrow down the proper location.

Just a note - I installed the 74" lap belts from Wesco and they are too long. I will be switching them out to the 60" belts when they arrive.

-
Back