"65" Valiant engine code

-

VIOLENT\6

12 second N/A Slant 6?
Reaction score
How do I translate the fender tag to find out which "Slant 6" is in the "65" Valiant I just bought for my son?

I was told it was a 170, but the small hose on top of the water pump looks a bit long for a 170. I think it's a 225. The car is supposed to be #s correct.

Valiant004com.jpg

I don't believe there is such thing as a #'s correct car for this era as the vin #s were not printed in engines yet!

However, you should be able to check the fender code, to see if it was a 225 or 170 car.

Robb

Just like RobbAdams said I have seen them off before but still be fact installed.

Did some one change the water pump :drinkers:

Look on the block right next to the coil.There are some numbers stamped there.The first three is what your motor is.Hopefully it says 225. :thumbup:

Picture 263.jpg

Johnny Dart said:
Look on the block right next to the coil.There are some numbers stamped there.The first three is what your motor is.Hopefully it says 225. :thumbup:

It's a 225. The long waterpump hose was the tip off. The casting # confirmed it.

Joshua I had that very same Valiant, 1965 and color. It is a great car. It was easy towork on and it was a good reliable car.

-
Back