66’ Barracuda w/ Factory PS in a 67’ Barracuda

-

Redfoxestco

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve searched the forums and please don’t destroy me for asking this question;

can I use a steering column from a 66’ Barracuda fastback with Factory Power Steering in a 67’ that had manual?

converted to the Borgenson power box in the 67’ and pump but my column is now too long to use with their coupler; (i know, common issue as 67’ was only manual) I can’t get it shortened for a while as everyone is backed up, could I use the 66’ column with the coupler? I know I should still replace the lower seal but this would save me so much time and headache if it’s an easy swap!

Thanks in advance

I think '67 was the first year collapsible column so I wouldn't expect any parts to cross-over. Columns with manual boxes are longer than columns with P/S.

You might want to see if someone else has the column you need and would want to swap with you. There's lots of people doing the opposite conversion. If you can't find a good column or center shaft, you could always collapse yours and install a P/S coupler. The center shaft telescopes during a crash. The two piece shaft is secured together with plastic pins. Those pins shear off in a major front end collision. You can collapse them yourself to the proper length.

-
Back