66 A/C Setup from Factory slant six

-

Deemo

Reaction score
anyone got some pics of the mounting locations on a slant? I have the compressor, mounting bar and tensioner pulley. Now how do they go together on the engine? I think the rod goes to the motor mount and plate to the water pump but.... double checking

image.jpg

and the dryer location and hose layout if you got it as well

anyone got some pics of the mounting locations on a slant? I have the compressor, mounting bar and tensioner pulley. Now how do they go together on the engine? I think the rod goes to the motor mount and plate to the water pump but.... double checking

View attachment 1715334681

The bracket does mount to the compressor and 2 of the water pump bolts. I believe There might be 2 of the rods on the right, one of which to the motor mount as you mentioned; the other to one of the 2 mounting holes on the head. I pulled a factory compressor off a 66 sedan and someone had already removed the brace to the motor mount; I did the other one.

and the dryer location and hose layout if you got it as well

With a factory AC setup, the drier is horizontally mounted on top of the passenger inner fender as is the vacuum heater control valve. Hose layout looks to be self explanatory since the evaporator has two different side fittings. Hose with the 1 & 1/4 fitting goes to the muffler at the compressor; the other hose follows the firewall then to the drier. The line at the other end of the drier is actually a solid steel line touted to the condenser. I had some pics of the setup from the 66 but must have deleted them

-
Back