'66 B Cuda Pillar Lights

-

Rustyfish

Reaction score
So trying to get my pillar lights to work. I believe it's an unswitched circuit which closes when you open either door and the door switch closes the circuit. The door switch, pillar lights, and map light are pink and yellow. Discovered the yellow wire headed to the pillar lights in the picture below had a broken connector disrupting the circuit. I have 12v unswitched at the pink wire in the plastic connector when the door is open. Just trying to confirm that the yellow wires in this circuit are the grounds. I know it's very hard to tell, but the 2 wires on the left of the gray connector are both yellow and the other is pink.

IMG_1799.jpg

The yellows run from the lights to the switch and the switch grounds them. See top of schematic where the left door switch is shown.

66BarracudaA.jpg

Thanks, my copy is a little clipped and hard to confirm what is on the edges. Do you know by any chance if that is a gray connector packard style. I might try and replace that entire connection.

I'm away from home right now and can't check it out. Sorry...
I can e_mail you the schematics though.

Thanks, my copy is a little clipped and hard to confirm what is on the edges. Do you know by any chance if that is a gray connector packard style. I might try and replace that entire connection.

the circuit is going to have 2 switched ground leads: door and light switch as you can override these with the light switch. A broken lead to the 2 wire pillar light branch will kill both.

the circuit is going to have 2 switched ground leads: door and light switch as you can override these with the light switch. A broken lead to the 2 wire pillar light branch will kill both.

That's for sure. I put a spade connector on the broken yellow and stuck back where it belonged just to check, low and behold!

IMG_1800.jpg
IMG_1801.jpg

-
Back