66 barracuda 273 power steering

-

dukes69

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Alright all you smart early A body owners, who has pictures of the setup to put power steering on a 66 Barracuda 273 Formula S., i.e. what pullys and belt alignment. I have the setup and just need to know which are the correct pullys

Alright all you smart early A body owners, who has pictures of the setup to put power steering on a 66 Barracuda 273 Formula S., i.e. what pullys and belt alignment. I have the setup and just need to know which are the correct pullys
Mine has A/C, it uses outer pulley for that. Inner pulley fan and alternator. Middle is power steering. Hoses over ps pump were added for evap canister for fuel tank vent recovery. Please ignore.
IMG_20190214_191529.jpg

All, thanks for the pics. I have seveal pullies lying around and will see which ones look like yours.

Sorry - -alittle late to the table.
1966 Barracuda 273 w/o ac
Factory PS.
Hope this helps.
Joe
372F9037-1BE9-4746-A2AE-8707510A5A80.jpeg
6DFEF0E6-DCF7-4EE9-9F29-7A7808EE6214.jpeg
D4EAE1D8-365F-4F9D-94AA-3816ABF3A425.jpeg
2D1358BF-D309-4F56-A9ED-E49155F2F9A1.jpeg

I can- need a day to get back there.
Sorry on pictures- my phone is on it’s way out.
No problem, I have plenty of time. just trying to get everything put on so I can run it on the break in stand then put it in the car.

Thanks, do you have a better pic and size of lower pulley
That setup shows a 3rd sheathe/pulley so its for a/c even though there is no a/c belt on it. The p/s sheathe bolts right in on top of the first sheathe with the same bolts to balancer. A later model p/s sheathe will work but one bolt hole will be in a slightly different position. Easy fix with a rat tail file.

That setup shows a 3rd sheathe/pulley so its for a/c even though there is no a/c belt on it. The p/s sheathe bolts right in on top of the first sheathe with the same bolts to balancer. A later model p/s sheathe will work but one bolt hole will be in a slightly different position. Easy fix with a rat tail file.

That third groove is a bolt on aluminum pulley. I’m not sure why it is there as the car is very much untouched original configuration. I believe the car is “dealer prep” for aftermarket A/C (knee knocker)as I stated before. I’ve not seen an
aluminum pulley on a car before unless it came from an after market ac shop that were popular in the 70’s. Even the bolts holding it down are off the shelf bolts not the Chrysler 5/16” bolts typically holding the pulleys to the balancer.

-
Back