66' Barracuda Armrest Refinishing (Video)

Mopar Interiors

1. seabee

seabee FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    3:53 PM
    Here is a short video of my armrest refinishing. Any tips or comments are welcome.

[ame=http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x287/illkron/armrests_zps290edb25.mp4][​IMG][/ame]

Search words: armrest, armrests, door, repaint, barracuda, duplicolor, vinyl, paint

2. MOPARoldtimer

MOPARoldtimer Banned

Local Time:
    Nice job. Unfortunately, the arm rests on my old Valiant are entirely vinyl-clad, so I had to send them to Just Dashes so they could apply new vacuum-formed vinyl.

3. cosgig

cosgig MoBro Inc. FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    5:53 PM
    Nice job, seebee, they look great installed!! Nice job on the video also, I like the professional fades!! I love the looks of your car!!

How did the upper engine rebuild go?? I never saw the end result of that thread!! Geof

• Like Like x 1
    • seabee

Local Time:
      Thanks a bunch Geof, the rebuild went great and has been running like a champ (I just knocked on my wood desk). Can't take credit for the fades, it's a drag n drop program-Windows movie maker.

• SSVDP

SSVDP Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      6:53 PM
      Cool video.
      I've done the same refinishing, it makes a HUGE difference with those arm rest bases that don't have any chrome left and it really isn't too hard to do. A little bit of dye on 40 year old vinyl pads helps a lot too.

• Like Like x 1
      • jhdeval

jhdeval Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Seabee this is not directly related to the armrests although they look good. I had a good chuckle because my Barracuda also has a carseat in it. LOL

• seabee

Local Time:
        SSVDP what kind of dye worked for you?

jhdeval, that's awesome. I drive my daughter to school everyday. She named the car "The Coody" when she was 2yrs old and hopefully it's going to be hers one day.

• SSVDP

SSVDP Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        Technically I dont think I used any dye but I've used both the DupliColor gloss black and also SEM has a "landau" black that matched the '66 Valiant black really well. The SEM isn't really a dye I think its a flexible paint and it is NOT as glossy as the DupliColor stuff.

Also on the '66 Valiant the bases are black too and I painted them with $1 WalMart paint by using flat black with a few really light coats of clear to get sorta close to the factory level of gloss - for $2 I was really satisfied with the results.

Fixing up the arm rests with a little paint/dye is very simple to do and it was something I noticed every time I was in the car.

• KitCarlson

KitCarlson Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        5:53 PM
        Nice work.

Your seats look nice too. What was used for them?

• seabee

Local Time:
        I wish I knew since it was done by the previous owner. Whatever it was, it has held up pretty good for 3.5 years in a daily driver. The original color of the seats are red and I would have never known that save for a few small scratches that reveal the red. The seats and car get pretty hot in the summer heat too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.