66 bumpers

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sold them, I asked about them a few weeks back.

thanks I'll pass it along but I think he was trying to avoid rechroming the ones he's got , we can get that done here for 600-700 each usually and he only needed one or the other { front or back } I just couldn't remember which when I made the post , still don't haha

600 - 700 each really seems high unless they need A LOT or work. Around here it runs around 800 a pair with some minor work included.

i know prices are higher now then when i had my bumpers done,,,400 each is probably close ,,you could just trade the bumpr boyz,,thats what i did,,,but back then were 235 with a core

Bumper-boys are currently at $350 each with a core. They are at events all over the country so if you call them in advance and set it up they can bring your new bumper with them and trade out your old at the event to save you the shipping charges. I had to check out their prices and they are cheaper than having it done local. So Im all set-up to swap mine out in January when they are here in Ohio. Thanks for the info fstfish66 you saved me at least $100. You need to bring your avatar over from the other place. And thanks again for the door panels they look GREAT, cant wait until I get to the interior work so I can get them on.

Thanks guys I was just guessing on the local price but I'm taking my 69 cores in in a couple of weeks and I'll get a better idea of the actual local price then in fact I'll probably ask about buddy's bumpers then also , I think the problem with bumper buddy's is the distance , we're on an island north of port angeles washington and shipping stateside can be a real hassle especially when dealing with commercial accounts , for some reason private nondescript snail mail seems to work best but that don't work for things the size of bumpers. and travel costs to go to the stateside shows are pretty high it cost 60 bucks each way just to get off this rock plus gas and customs etc... so we'll just have to give him the info and let him figure it out I just offerred to post for him and I gave him all the info he needed to get himself set up here on FABO so he could deal with this himself but you can only lead the horse to water eh?:@:

BAdawg,, HI MAN THANKS glad u like the door panels,,do u meen my avatar from EVB site?? yes i never even thouhgt about it,,,i have the pic that posts,, some one did it for me,,, i couldnt make it work, but ill do that bring over my cartooned car,,thanks

Yeah from EVB. Thats 1 cool avatar for sure!!

finally ran into the guy who needs these { he reinstalled my back window today finally } what he needs is the back bumper for a 66 his core is rusted through so he would rather find a good replacement than weld up the core and have it chromed

i have a good core for a 65 dart rear bumper. I am not sure if that will work though. Good luck to u. I dont want to start an argument, but I have been told to stay away from Bumper Boys. Another member told me his bumper started rusting through the chrome shortly after the year warranty was up. This may have been from practices that have been remedied since that bumper was repaired. I guess just like anything else you have to investigate what work will be done and the quality of the parts. I myself have no experience using Bumper Boys and they very well might do a good job.

Good luck to u. I dont want to start an argument, but I have been told to stay away from Bumper Boys. Another member told me his bumper started rusting through the chrome shortly after the year warranty was up. This may have been from practices that have been remedied since that bumper was repaired. I guess just like anything else you have to investigate what work will be done and the quality of the parts. I myself have no experience using Bumper Boys and they very well might do a good job.

There have been similar type comments about Bumper Boys on another forum I'm on. I guess to their credit, they made it good.

i would gues my bumpers are about 10 years old now,,,bumper boyz,, no problems ive had bumpers chromed for my street rod at another chrome shop. tru city in tenn,,,price was good,,but there chroem is sorta soft,, scratches very easily,,

yes 1966 barracuda/ valiant/ and valiant station wagon only a one year design,,,, 66 dart looks close but wont work,,

Thanks for clearing that up , and the bump of course { feel free to call me dirty names every day till I find one eh! }

I got a bumper from bumper boyz about a year ago, and it's rusted all over the place already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back