'66 Cuda Slant-6 Power Steering

-

CarWash

Reaction score
Does anyone have a spare power steering pump for a '66 Barracuda, mine sounds like it has a large bird stuffed and chirping loudly in the reservoir with the power steering fluid.

Is your 66 AC-equipped? Reason I ask is I have a nice PS pump but for AC equipped and definitely different than for non-AC (pulley is spaced out farther so as to line up with the 3rd outer bolt-on crank pulley.

BTW I also have a 66 slant equipped Barracuda, no PS or AC, buckets with a column shift and needing a complete resto.

Does anyone have a spare power steering pump for a '66 Barracuda, mine sounds like it has a large bird stuffed and chirping loudly in the reservoir with the power steering fluid.

Is your 66 AC-equipped? Reason I ask is I have a nice PS pump but for AC equipped and definitely different than for non-AC (pulley is spaced out farther so as to line up with the 3rd outer bolt-on crank pulley.

BTW I also have a 66 slant equipped Barracuda, no PS or AC, buckets with a column shift and needing a complete resto.

As far as I know all early PS pump setups use the "outboard" bolt on pulley, with or without A/C. The A/C used a "inboard" bolt on pulley, between the damper/alt pulley, and the timing cover.

My guess is your Hollywood, CA and not FL. but how much for the Cuda?

-
Back