'66 Dart from MALAYSIA! (RHD)

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Hi all

Im Syed from Malaysia, and Im new here. Check out some pictures of my newly acquired '66 - got it from MOM! (Thanx Ma...)

After a good wash... Enjoy!

P1000987.jpg

P1000983.jpg

P1000986.jpg

P1000981.jpg

Note the license plate holder! Go Trojan! (I miss my USC days...)

P1000991.jpg

P1000994.jpg

P1000988.jpg

P1000992.jpg

:)

Not bad for a 44-year old UNRESTORED lady ay?...

Syed
Malaysia

Welcome,
That is really cool and has to be pretty unique there.

Welcome to FABO!

Cool car

Is the horn ring original to the car?

Just wondering.....Dodge with a Plymouth Valiant part.

Welcome to a really cool site........ That is one fine looking car, to be 44-years old and never been restored ...wow . :cheers:

Welcome to FABO!

Cool car

Is the horn ring original to the car?

Just wondering.....Dodge with a Plymouth Valiant part.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Well, I guess in the good old 1960's, dodge did not have enough Right Hand Drive dash/steering wheel for the RHD market and decided to "steal" the Valiant VC dash and steering for the Dodge Dart...

And Yes she is all original, just as she came of the ship in 1966... (This is a ONE owner car, never been restored, she was mom's 1st car in fact and now shes MINE!) :p

Cheers

Syed
Malaysia

Man that is a cool car cherish that baby especially where you are at I bet you don't see many of those cars there at all..

Man that is a cool car cherish that baby especially where you are at I bet you don't see many of those cars there at all..

As far as I know, there are two '66 dodge dart convertible here. Both are on the road (well mine is "semi" on the road). But the other one is a GT with bucket seats and floor shifter. Mine is bench seat with 3-on-the-tree.

Question: three-on-the-three refers to 3-speed manual column shift, or 3-speed auto column shift as well?

Cheers

Syed
Malaysia

Wow! You sir are the FIRST Malaysian on the forum..that I know of...I've been to Bali several times....beautiful island!

Now..3 on the Tree refers to the steering column only.(Manual)

Welcome to FABO...and lets get your Dart on the road!

Aloha Mike

Wow! You sir are the FIRST Malaysian on the forum..that I know of...I've been to Bali several times....beautiful island!

Now..3 on the Tree refers to the steering column only.(Manual)

Welcome to FABO...and lets get your Dart on the road!

Aloha Mike

Aloha and Mahalo for the warm welcome...

How zit Bra? :)

I was at HPU from '96 till '99 before I transfered to USC, CA. I lived in Makiki but most of my classes were on the windward-side campus... so I regularly commute up and down PALI Hway everyday... Man that PALI lookout was SCARY at night... especially there weren't any lights back then LOL

Man i miss my 3 years in HAWAII! :p

Aloha

Bra dats cool! Pali lookout is still the same....H3 is much nicer to drive dat side of da island now.
I work at UH...live Ewa side...

UH plays USC first game of the football season this year.

aloha!

Aloha and Mahalo for the warm welcome...

How zit Bra? :)

I was at HPU from '96 till '99 before I transfered to USC, CA. I lived in Makiki but most of my classes were on the windward-side campus... so I regularly commute up and down PALI Hway everyday... Man that PALI lookout was SCARY at night... especially there weren't any lights back then LOL

Man i miss my 3 years in HAWAII! :p

Aloha

Welcome to FABO Syed. I have a 66 Vert too, but it drives from the other side.....;)

I'm liking the 2-tone paint 8).

Very nice ride you got there. What part of Malaysia? I was just at Port Dickson / KL few weeks ago. There is definitely a lack of American cars in Malaysia nevermind a 60s mopar.

Welcometo FABO.That is a sweet and unusual Dart you got. First right hand drive Dart I've seen in 30 years! Good luck from Sweden.

-
Back