66 Dart Owners thread

-
Sweet!!!!!!! I am still building mine doing body work for almost a year on and off. Putting a 318 on it. Can not wait to drive it...

Well we are back on the road. Slant 6 rebuild, power steering, power brakes, engine compartment stripped and rebuilt, new vert top seat covers carpet. First road trip blew a freeze plug on the interstate. Back together and running strong. Only pieces missing are rear wheel well moldings and hood nose chrome. Still hunting.

Well we are back on the road. Slant 6 rebuild, power steering, power brakes, engine compartment stripped and rebuilt, new vert top seat covers carpet. First road trip blew a freeze plug on the interstate. Back together and running strong. Only pieces missing are rear wheel well moldings and hood nose chrome. Still hunting.
Those pieces are hard to come by. Be patient. Some will surface. Mine aren't perfect but way better than the originals. My wheel opening chrome came from 4 different cars. Only 1 piece is original.

I love it Ryan,
does it still have the resonator/ tip ?
I have a 66 gt citron gold, I think, what is yours ? Mine is a /6 car with auto console, getting a 340

Last edited:
I love it Ryan,
does it still have the resonator/ tip ?
I have a 66 gt citron gold, I think, what is yours ? Mine is a /6 car with auto console, getting a 340

I don't see any rear photos. If it doesn't have many miles on it he may still have the resonator tip. I am glad they repop those. My whole exhaust had been replaced with a 2 barrel system sometime in it's life.
013.JPG

Last edited:
Love it Ryan, does it still have the resonator out back ? What color is it, citron gold faded out ???
I believe it's silver. Yours is ZZ1 code. (Gold Poly Metallic) just like mine was originally.

Last edited:
I just stumbled across it Old Dart 66. It was a one family owned car which spent time in Michigan, then Nevada, and came back up to Michigan. It’s been garaged it’s whole life, and has been sitting for the last 15 years or so. I almost didn’t buy it because I’ve got two more project cars (‘68 Valiant and a ‘71 Challenger), but couldn’t resist it pecause of its rarity and condition.

-Ryan

It has had the exhaust system replaced so the resonator and tip are gone... I haven’t measured the intermediate pipe, but I’d guess it’s got the 2 barrel exhaust setup by its super quiet exhaust.

I just stumbled across it Old Dart 66. It was a one family owned car which spent time in Michigan, then Nevada, and came back up to Michigan. It’s been garaged it’s whole life, and has been sitting for the last 15 years or so. I almost didn’t buy it because I’ve got two more project cars (‘68 Valiant and a ‘71 Challenger), but couldn’t resist it pecause of its rarity and condition.

-Ryan
And his father said he didn't need another project. Kids now a days don't listen to their parents. Your gas cap should be there on Monday. USPS Priority mail.
Dad -- aka DDartDude

And his father said he didn't need another project. Kids now a days don't listen to their parents. Your gas cap should be there on Monday. USPS Priority mail.
Dad -- aka DDartDude
Yes Dad!:rofl:

Hey finally 66 owners! Just got myself a 1966 Dodge Dart 4 Door Sedan here in Queens NY. I'm a little worried because once I bought it I noticed there really wasn't much if any NOS parts esp. back glass and interior. I bought it to work in movies not to sup it like a muscle car, so in my mind I'd like to keep it as OEM as possible. Well, here she is. Needs a new paint job. The engine runs fantastic though.

66dartresize.jpg

20171202_144454.jpg

20171204_140212.jpg

Hey finally 66 owners! Just got myself a 1966 Dodge Dart 4 Door Sedan here in Queens NY. I'm a little worried because once I bought it I noticed there really wasn't much if any NOS parts esp. back glass and interior. I bought it to work in movies not to sup it like a muscle car, so in my mind I'd like to keep it as OEM as possible. Well, here she is. Needs a new paint job. The engine runs fantastic though.

View attachment 1715122945

View attachment 1715122947

View attachment 1715122948
Looks like a solid car! Welcome. You will have fun with it.

Looks like a good starting point for a NY car. I thought I was the only guy in the area with a 66 I never seen another in the 20+ years I have owned mine.

Looks like a good starting point for a NY car. I thought I was the only guy in the area with a 66 I never seen another in the 20+ years I have owned mine.
Yeah I got it from a guy in Middle Village, who bought it from a little old lady who was the first owner. Isn't that always the story? ha.

Bent..... Yours is exactly like mine.. Doing a total restoration on mine.. Sweet car..

Holy cow Mike.... That was a sweet car... Wish mine look like that when I am done with it...

-
Back