66 Dart Rear Window Molding

-

fig

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the last of the molding off of a 270 so I can paint the car. How do you remove the two sets of molding on the rear window? The top (outside) hasn't wanted to budge and I don't want to mess it up.

Thanks,

Allen

The inside trim is clipped. The outside is screwed to the body. Screws are under the seal. Rear window removal necessary to get to them.

I'm sorta slow , I'm assuming you take the outer trim off first, then the inner one. I have a tool that sorta looks like a arrowhead. Can't figure out how to release the clips.

Thanks!

Here's what we are working on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 99
The pieces closer to the glass are held on with clips. Looks like that lower corner trim ( the one that looks like a backwards L ) is overlapping the one that goes across the bottom of the window. Just dont pry on the glass! I used a various assortment of whatever I could sneak between the rubber and trim to carefully unseat the clips. A little bit at a time so nothing bends.

The outer pieces that go all the way around the glass and meet up with the quarter panel moulding have Phillips head screws that go into the body behind the rubber gasket.

I might have some pictures to dig up for you.

Been about a year since I removed mine. These are the clips that hold the trim that is closer to the glass. A couple of mine rusted away.

Attachments

• CAM00251.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 134
So basically the trim thats on the rubber window seal is held on with clips. The trim on the body is screwed to the body. The screws go through the clips. The only way I know of to get it all off is to unclip the inner trim, then remove the glass , then unscrew the rest of the trim. Getting the glass out is not very easy. Especially if youre rubber gasket is hardened with age.

Thanks!!! I messed with it today, without success. I didn't want to bend the molding. I'll try it again.

Thanks again!

-
Back