66 Dart Swaybar

-

Paul King

MrPJK
Reaction score
The sway bar is missing off of my !966 Dodge Dart GT ,what bar will fit on it from another car maybe a duster would be the same .Thanks

The 65/66 Dart/Valiant/Barracuda sway bar(if equipped) is the only factory bolt-in as long as you have the LCAs with the correct sway bar tabs. The factory sway bar is a hard animal to find as not all that many cars were equipped with them. Helwig offers an aftermarket bar that does require minor drilling of the K Frame to install and is much more beefier than the stock bar.

The 65/66 Dart/Valiant/Barracuda sway bar(if equipped) is the only factory bolt-in as long as you have the LCAs with the correct sway bar tabs. The factory sway bar is a hard animal to find as not all that many cars were equipped with them. Helwig offers an aftermarket bar that does require minor drilling of the K Frame to install and is much more beefier than the stock bar.
Thanks

Is yours missing or did it not have one? Does your lower control arms have tabs?

While we never finished the installation, a 73-76 sway bar is real close to fitting. I sold one to a friend of mine, but I don't know if he ever got the car on the road. When we put it up in the stock early location it looked like it was going to work.

Thanks for your reply,im going to check and see if my dart has the tabs for the sway bar,as soon as it warms up a bit here in Canada .Thanks

-
Back