67-68 Dart parts compatibility

-

SilverandBlack

Reaction score
Are 67-68 Dart grills, headlight bezels and tail lights interchangeable? I assume they are but don`t want to jump before I check. Thanks

I don't know but don't assume. If you use a 69 Dart fender on a 68 you have to weld in the headlamp mounting buckets and vise versa.

No, they are not interchangeable, different spacing of the headlights and headlight bezels each year.

67 dart tailights don't have reverse light in them (They are in the bumper)So if you were putting 67 tailights in a 68 you wouldn't have reverse lights.Doing the opposite I guess you would have 4 reverse lights if you wired them up.No one could say they didn't see you were backing up.

I've been told the tail light openings are smaller in 67. 67 has a number of parts "1 year only" including the infamous idler arm. I believe there is a difference in internal door parts some of the window hardware, although complete doors should interchange. The grills already noted. Gas tank mounting is one year only, has one strap across the tank rather than two going front to back. Fenders are different all three years, 67, no markers or reflectors, 68/9 markers/ reflectors were di fferent. The infamous different windscreen/ rear window gaskets/ trim

I have 67 fenders on my 69 with the69 bezels. There are some subtle differences. But you can make it work.

-
Back