Status
Not open for further replies.

Duster Cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
67 with either 273 HP or 383
68 and 69 with either 340 or 383 or M code.
More options the better. This a serious request for a #2 to #1 rated car.
Please contact me if seriously interested in selling such a car.
Red exterior is high on the list, but all all colors will be considered.
Resto-mods and Tributes also considered. Please...no project cars
Respond by clicking my ID. Duster Cuda and choose "start conversation".
This will keep our discussion private.
Thank you

Last edited:
I can get one built just for you.

You even have 3 choices
a 69 Formulas A53 car ,or
a 68 FormulaS A53 car ,or
a 68 FormulaS clone car, originally a slant six auto,console, now with an HO 367/manual trans/ goes like the dickens.

I have a 1967 Barracuda with coil overs on all 4 corners and disc brakes, 4 link and Ford 9” rear. 383 BB with a518 trans. A clean original Arizona car that needs finished. If interested pm me and we can talk. Car is white with white interior. All original interior with exception of Dakota cluster. Car needs completed.

Steve

You even have 3 choices
a 68 FormulaS clone car, originally a slant six auto,console, now with an HO 367/manual trans/ goes like the dickens.
Thanks for the reply.
I'm interested in the 68 340 Formula S
Red/Black combo? What is original combo?
(these options can be added)PS, PB, Power Disc brakes, bucket seats, console with auto shift. Radio. AC. Wheel lip moldings. 727/8-3/4 3.23 ratio.
Consider that I'm looking for a near perfect car with no exterior blemishes, especially the bright work and grill assembly.
If this is do-able send me a PM with price and references of past projects.

I have a 1967 Barracuda with coil overs on all 4 corners and disc brakes, 4 link and Ford 9” rear. 383 BB with a518 trans. A clean original Arizona car that needs finished. If interested pm me and we can talk. Car is white with white interior. All original interior with exception of Dakota cluster. Car needs completed.

Steve
Sorry, I no longer want to do any restorations. I just finished two 70 and 73 Dusters and am retiring from the resto projects after 45 years. Just interested in completed cars.
Thanks for the reply though.

Consider that I'm looking for a near perfect car with no exterior blemishes, especially the bright work and grill assembly.
If this is do-able send me a PM with price and references of past proj
Not doable per your request,These are project cars, and will need extensive metal-work, which I would sublet.I do mechanical. Both A53 cars have the original engines. Both were born automatics, the originals which are both MIA.
The 69 was a T5-code bronze fire, the 68 was a P-code bright red.AFAIK,I am third owner on all of these. The 68-S was rolled over and needs the roof replaced, which I procured decades ago. The other two have not been damaged during my ownership. All need quarters and trunk extensions, fenders or fender repairs. The S cars may need floors. The 68-S will also need the frames capped or replaced,I think.The Clone car is my current runner, was a B5 blue but currently red, and needs the least amount of work.

Not doable per your request,These are project cars, and will need extensive metal-work, which I would sublet.I do mechanical. Both A53 cars have the original engines. Both were born automatics, the originals which are both MIA.
The 69 was a T5-code bronze fire, the 68 was a P-code bright red.AFAIK,I am third owner on all of these. The 68-S was rolled over and needs the roof replaced, which I procured decades ago. The other two have not been damaged during my ownership. All need quarters and trunk extensions, fenders or fender repairs. The S cars may need floors. The 68-S will also need the frames capped or replaced,I think.The Clone car is my current runner, was a B5 blue but currently red, and needs the least amount of work.

Thanks for the additional info. I'll keep looking

You even have 3 choices
Is the 68 Formula s a notchback?

Would you be interested in a ‘69 340 Formula S Survivor?

BDECB46F-4592-460C-B252-54DFE90AC667.jpeg

I’m looking for a fastback Cuda how much are you asking?
$24,000. Around 57,000 miles, one family owned before I bought it and I am the 3rd owner. I have the original window sticker, build sheet. The car car has manual fast ratio steering and manual brakes. Attached is the history of the car and the fender tag breakdown. I can add more pictures if you’re interested.

1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S (Named after the original owner).

This is the information that I have been able to put together on this car based on the dealer documentation and with talking to Larry Austin who is the son of the original owner and was the second registered owner of the car.

In early 1969 a young man from Statesville North Carolina walked into Matlock Motor Company in Taylorsville North Carolina and ordered this 340 Formula S Barracuda. It was delivered to the dealership in early March but by that time the young man had been drafted into the Army and the car sat at the dealership until it was sold later that year.

In early September, Larry Austin and his dad went to the dealership and picked out new car for Mary which she didn’t care for. She opted instead to buy the red 340 Formula S Barracuda that she found in the showroom.

It turns out that she had other plans for the Barracuda. You see she was in love with her son Larry’s 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury, which he had purchased new and she had hoped that Larry would trade cars with her. That did not happen single Larry also loved his car and still owns that Sport Fury to this day.

Mary worked for the county as a librarian and didn’t drive the car all that often when in 1985 she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. She stopped driving the car entirely ultimately signing the car over to Larry in 1986.

Once I purchasing the car in late 2007 I replaced the brakes, rubber bushings, rear springs, exhaust system, recovered the front seat, replaced the heater core, replaced the hoses, shocks, re-cored the radiator replaced the water pump, replaced the tires with period correct red line Firestone wide oval tires and re-chromed the rear bumper, taillights and backup bezels.

The car is a Survivor with no paint work and is numbers matching with the exception of the addition of a suregrip differential and the original differential is available with the sale of the car.

93FA6E29-C30B-4AAB-9CB6-DEE9840D244F.jpeg

Last edited:
$24,000. Around 57,000 miles, one family owned before I bought it and I am the 3rd owner. I have the original window sticker, build sheet. The car car has manual fast ratio steering and manual brakes. Attached is the history of the car and the fender tag breakdown. I can add more pictures if you’re interested.

1969 Barracuda 340 Formula S (Named after the original owner).

This is the information that I have been able to put together on this car based on the dealer documentation and with talking to Larry Austin who is the son of the original owner and was the second registered owner of the car.

In early 1969 a young man from Statesville North Carolina walked into Matlock Motor Company in Taylorsville North Carolina and ordered this 340 Formula S Barracuda. It was delivered to the dealership in early March but by that time the young man had been drafted into the Army and the car sat at the dealership until it was sold later that year.

In early September, Larry Austin and his dad went to the dealership and picked out new car for Mary which she didn’t care for. She opted instead to buy the red 340 Formula S Barracuda that she found in the showroom.

It turns out that she had other plans for the Barracuda. You see she was in love with her son Larry’s 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury, which he had purchased new and she had hoped that Larry would trade cars with her. That did not happen single Larry also loved his car and still owns that Sport Fury to this day.

Mary worked for the county as a librarian and didn’t drive the car all that often when in 1985 she was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. She stopped driving the car entirely ultimately signing the car over to Larry in 1986.

Once I purchasing the car in late 2007 I replaced the brakes, rubber bushings, rear springs, exhaust system, recovered the front seat, replaced the heater core, replaced the hoses, shocks, re-cored the radiator replaced the water pump, replaced the tires with period correct red line Firestone wide oval tires and re-chromed the rear bumper, taillights and backup bezels.

The car is a Survivor with no paint work and is numbers matching with the exception of the addition of a suregrip differential and the original differential is available with the sale of the car.

View attachment 1715234834

Thanks for the info, but it's more work than I want to do. I'm more interested in turning the key and driving away.

67 with either 273 HP or 383
68 and 69 with either 340 or 383 or M code.
More options the better. This a serious request for a #2 to #1 rated car.
Please contact me if seriously interested in selling such a car.
Red exterior is high on the list, but all all colors will be considered.
Resto-mods and Tributes also considered. Please...no project cars
Respond by clicking my ID. Duster Cuda and choose "start conversation".
This will keep our discussion private.
Thank you
Found One $28,000

68 cuda1.JPG

cuda2.JPG

Cuda3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back