-
Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Contact seller
67-72 V8 steel Left hand side motor mount limiter plates. Measures at 11 gage or .125" thick. These are Not made in China. For use with engines up to 300 HP at the crank. Bolts in without modification to LH steel mount or stock rubber isolator. Lose your chain, or Moroso solid steel mount. I have 19 of these for sale, keeping 1 for my sons 69 318 barracuda. Price is $40 paypal friends and family. Shipped anywhere in the USA. Or $42 paypal as goods and services. Parts located in west Texas. I accept PayPal.

Now for the disclaimer. I maintain no liability for the use or misuse of this product.

20201019_201333.jpg

20201019_201344.jpg

20201019_201404.jpg

Last edited:
So would we have to put a washer or shim on the other side to keep the engine level side to side? Or do u recommend a limiter on both sides even though we wouldn’t actually need it as a limiter? Or does that little bit not matter? Just curious is all. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great part. Thanks. Kim

Thanks 4 the Kudos Kim. No need to put it on both sides. Engine always tries to lift on the left and pull on the mount. RH mount only compresses. People put torque chains on the left because that's the mount that fails. The mount pockets in the 67-72 K frame are slotted. Adjust the engine till level side to side, then bolt down. If you really need to, park car level, and set a bubble level across your carb going side to side then set the engine in place. I suppose you could put a spacer washer on the other side if you really wanted to.

Last edited:
An engineer friend of mine and I looked at the interlocking poly mounts and the cost, figured theres got to be a better way using stock mounts and something just added on that under normal conditions is "just there" but interlocks and limits under hard acceleration. Something added over stock mounts in order to keep the vibration down but still prevent the mount from ripping. Nothing like a chain or something that would be in the way. More like something that would have been dealer added on a vehicle recall. So it had to be simple, easy to install, and not stick out like a sore thumb. My brothers 68 camaro SS/RS had a cable arrangement on the motor mounts years ago that was a dealer recall to add in because of mount failure.

Last edited:
question, how did you end up with the 300 HP range?

and do you think if we were to double up and put one on the bottom (mirrored, so the bottom catches the top as it twists) that number would go up ?

Possibly or thicker steel. My engineer friend whom worked with me on the design said that would be the safest number to keep it under failure. Now if you want to buy a set and try it out with more than 300 hp and report back, I'd love to hear from you.

Why would this not work on my 66 Valiant with 360 mounts ?

Cool idea.

How about just the bottom piece and have it come up and lip over the bracket itself. Only half the height increase and half the material. You really don't want the mount to lift more than 1/4.

Are you going to add a spacer for the pass side?

Cool idea.

How about just the bottom piece and have it come up and lip over the bracket itself. Only half the height increase and half the material. You really don't want the mount to lift more than 1/4.

Are you going to add a spacer for the pass side?
Mount holes are slotted in the K frame to get it to sit level.

Memike, I checked rockauto and it shows the same rubber motor mount is used from 1964-1972 all small block V8 A body. If your still interested PM me and we can go from there. If these fit well on the early A's I will start a new thread that encompasses these years as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back