-
Status
Not open for further replies.

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
I have a pair of 68 barracuda bucket seats for sale. These are in driver condition. They are white in color, no large tears, tracks and springs are in excellent condition, foam is fair, hard backs are the roughest part because of discoloring. I'm located in VA
Asking $300 plus shipping (OBO) I think I will ship these grey hound.
100_0773.jpg

100_0774.jpg

100_0775.jpg

Yes you guys are correct...i miss typed the ad...those came from my 67 barracuda...and yes I still have these.

Are they the same frames as 67 dart seats? Like could I throw dart seat covers on them? Also Could Estimate on shipping to Aurora ,IL greyhound station .

Are they the same frames as 67 dart seats? Like could I throw dart seat covers on them? Also Could Estimate on shipping to Aurora ,IL greyhound station .

I not sure about getting Dart seat covers on these Barracuda buckets... maybe someone on here will chime in. I do know that these are different than my 68 dart buckets.

I have a 69 swinger that i want to put buckets in. I used to have a 67 dart gt and really liked the bucket seats in it. And well being that the swinger never came with buckets I'm looking for something that will fit and not clash with the 69 swinger interior too much. I don't like the 69 gts seats with the head rests or id get them.
Looking at these seats I'm thinking the pattern looks a lot like the swinger bench seat pattern.

I have a 69 swinger that i want to put buckets in. I used to have a 67 dart gt and really liked the bucket seats in it. And well being that the swinger never came with buckets I'm looking for something that will fit and not clash with the 69 swinger interior too much. I don't like the 69 gts seats with the head rests or id get them.
Looking at these seats I'm thinking the pattern looks a lot like the swinger bench seat pattern.

the only thing that worries me a lil about putting Dart covers on these Barracuda seats is the hard back cover on these seats... If it were me I would just redo them in the 67 barracuda covers and have the rear bench done in the same yr make and model color.. I do think there is really any difference in rear back seats.

Are those aftermarket seat covers? Ive been looking up cuda replacement seat covers and they look a little different than whats on those seats. The backs look like the 66-67 seat backs for cuda and dart.

i have 67 dart gt buckets for sale.tracks included.they need foam and covers.250.00 set. if i recall the seats from a barracuda to a dart are different. i think the dart seats are wider on the backs. not 100% sure though.mike.

i have 67 dart gt buckets for sale.tracks included.they need foam and covers.250.00 set. if i recall the seats from a barracuda to a dart are different. i think the dart seats are wider on the backs. not 100% sure though.mike.
You should maybe think about starting your own thread in the For sale section.Would help sell quicker.

No kidding...lmao... Again I can't say for sure if dart cover will go on these Barracuda seats. These tracks are in great condition, the foam is in fair condition as well. These seats can be dyed as is and go in a daily driver now.

Is there a big difference between the 67 seats and 68 seats for a Barracuda?

I'm not sure... I just know that these came out of a 67 barracuda... they have the hard backs.. I was going to use these on my 68 dart but I gpt dart buckets now.

Like uscg said the 67 have a hard back design and the 68 and 69 have a soft type back, and the 68, and 69 dont use skirts on the sides like the 67, i have a set of 68 frames that have been powder coated shinny black, i was going to use them for the 67, but im thinking i might sell these and get some 67 seats instead, ill have to see..........

I'll try to detail the differences in A-body bucket seats without getting confusing...
Starting with early A; Beneath all the upholstery the early A seat frames have one main difference.The top member of the seat back is round steel tubing and does not accept headrests.
For 67 (second generation A; The top member of the seat back was reformed to square which made it about 1 inch shorter than the 66. This square shape does have holes through it for headrests. 67 and later seat covers can be put on the 66 frames but the back wont fit exactly right due to the height difference.
67 model seats retained the vinyl laminated steel backs and side covers found in early A. One minor difference here is how the chrome edging on these pieces is attached to them but this is of no consequence. You would have to remove that trim to see the difference.
68 model got more changes. The steel backs were replaced by vinyl covered hard board and the steel side covers were deleted.
A small plastic hinge cover ( similar to what's found on bench seats ) was used instead. There were no major changes to the seat frames. The soft backs can be installed on the 67 seats. The steel backs can be installed on the 68 seats. Same for the steel side covers versus plastic hinge covers. These can be interchanged.
From one A body to another there is a slight difference in foam size and the upholstery patterns vary. The inner structure of the seats have no other differences.

RedFish, wonder if you can help me out with this, I have a 68 bucket seat barracuda, can I install headrests on these seats? Is the provisions (holes) for the headrests there?
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back