67 barracuda front end issues

-

Shmaako

Reaction score
Changing to a 73 lbp disc brakes instead of buying sbp disc setup to avoid obsolete and hard to find parts and rims. (However, it means I also have to replace my sbp axles in the back as well as purchase new rims.)
I now have the LCA from the 73 with sway bar tabs.
Wondering if I can buy a sway bar that mounts to LCA tabs but does not go through the k member as the donor car had.
Also, my car had a power steering box just not hooked up and no power steering pump at all on the existing 383. I intend to upgrade to larger torsion bars as the existing are smaller factory ones not intended for this big block. Wondering if I'm headed for trouble with regards to how it all fits and rubbing issues etc.
I'm assuming I will be ordering steering parts (tie rod ends, strut rods, pitman, idler, etc)for a 67 and upper and lower ball joints and uca bushings for a 73? Regular 73 upper ball joint? or offset?

I had a similar problem except I had LBP on spindles on my '69 Barracuda and Chevy 10 bolt rear end. I was able to find a dual pattern steel wheel for 4 1/2 and 4 3/4 bolt pattern for my spare tire. Don't know if they make a wheel for your application.

treblig

Why are you using the 73 control arms when you can just flop the spindles and the calipers will be in the back. Use 72 Road runner brake lines.

DSCN1673.jpg

Also you are better off having your rear axle and drums re-drilled to 4 1/2. I lost 3/8's of an inch per side at the quarter when I went to large bolt pattern axles , backing plates, and drums.

My re-drilled axles took all the power I could throw at them on the street. I used early 67 axles they do not have the balance holes in the flange. I ran 14.5 tires on 12 inch wheels

New pics 374.jpg

Why are you using the 73 control arms when you can just flop the spindles and the calipers will be in the back. Use 72 Road runner brake lines

I'm not too sure about my options I guess. I have been doing my best to get answers by searching the forums prior to asking and I can truly say I have not read about what you are suggesting. ...also don't quite get what you're trying to say.

You can put the spindle from the left to the right and visa versa. this puts the caliper behind the spindle as in the picture I posted. Then you can use the early stabilizer bar and there is no reason for the through the k-member style

You can put the spindle from the left to the right and visa versa. this puts the caliper behind the spindle as in the picture I posted. Then you can use the early stabilizer bar and there is no reason for the through the k-member style

That would be awesome news! Thanks!

72 Roadrunner has the same caliper mounted in the front . But the hose hook up is also in the front. So this gives you the correct hose to use on the same side as the caliper is mounted.

73 a-body hoses have a metal extension to reach from the rear to the front behind the spindle . This hose cannot be used when doing large bolt brakes the correct way on a early a-body. You must use a B-body hose

-
Back