67 barracuda hood on 73 dart?

-

DartVadar

Reaction score
I happen to come across a 1967 barracuda fiberglass hood for sale near me for a really good price and am interested in it. Will a 67 barracuda and 73 dart hood interchange? I was measuring the height of the "beak" at the front and they seem to be the same. Is this correct? or are there any issues that will make it not fit?

Dang, I guess the barracuda hood that I measured was a 69. Thanks, good thing I didn't buy it.

It fits a 74 dart, at least it should. I have a 68 cuda hood on my 74 dart.

Let's see a picture. You sure its not a '69 hood? They're totally different between '67/'68 and '69.

This is it. Got directly from Glasstek. Its the exact same part number that they list for the 68 cuda and the sticker on the hood itself, seen in the one pic, states will fit 67/68 barracudas and 73-76 Dart/Duster. Now I don't have the beak mounted in this picture, but I have since mounted it and the grille but do not have a picture on hand but the hood fits nicely. If anyone has a factory 67/68 hood and wants me to measure my factory flat hood, let me know.

This is it. Got directly from Glasstek. Its the exact same part number that they list for the 68 cuda and the sticker on the hood itself, seen in the one pic, states will fit 67/68 barracudas and 73-76 Dart/Duster. Now I don't have the beak mounted in this picture, but I have since mounted it and the grille but do not have a picture on hand but the hood fits nicely. If anyone has a factory 67/68 hood and wants me to measure my factory flat hood, let me know.

http://s183.photobucket.com/user/du.../IMG_20140307_141649_967_zpsdad7893f.jpg.html

That's a 69 hood. The white hood posted above is a 67-68. You can see it's flat with no peak down the center.

That's a 69 hood. The white hood posted above is a 67-68. You can see it's flat with no peak down the center.

Well then my apologies. I figured the manufacturer would know what they are advertising.

The op should get a picture of the hood he found to make sure it doesn't actually have the ridge that he is needing since you just never know what combination of parts may have been used.

Well then my apologies. I figured the manufacturer would know what they are advertising.

When I looked it up this is what their site shows.

View attachment hood.jpg

The op should get a picture of the hood he found to make sure it doesn't actually have the ridge that he is needing since you just never know what combination of parts may have been used.

When I looked it up this is what their site shows.

View attachment 1714717374

Well either way the ad is already gone..But I was looking closely at it and it was flat at the front, no beak at all.

And I was looking at my uncles 67 barracuda racecar and the front is flat, and the 69 clip he has sitting in the back has the beak.

Well either way the ad is already gone..But I was looking closely at it and it was flat at the front, no beak at all.

And I was looking at my uncles 67 barracuda racecar and the front is flat, and the 69 clip he has sitting in the back has the beak.
I want a flat hood for my 67 Barracuda does anyone know if 68 and 67 are the same?

I'd heard and I guess I saw one also-not knowing-that 1969 Barracuda hoods fit the 1973-1976 Dart Sports. Someone was wanting to know so I went back and found the Classic Industries article. It is located here--> "1963-1976 Dodge Dart History - A Versatile A-Body Mopar Car" and at the bottom of the page you'll find this paragraph:

1973-76 Dodge Dart Sport
In 1973 the Demon fastback was renamed Dart Sport in response to complaints about the “Demon” name and devil-with-pitchfork logo. The high performance models thus became the Dart Sport 340 in 1973 and the Dart Sport 360 for 1974 when the 360ci LA V8 replaced the 340 V8. 1973 saw styling changes to go along with the name change on the Duster-bodied car. The Dart Sport received the same new front end as the other Darts and its tail lamps were changed to two lamps per side, each with a chrome trim ring. These would remain unchanged through the 1976 model year. Interesting fact: 1973-76 Dart Sport models wore the same exact hood as 1969 Plymouth Barracuda models.

Odd fit's I know of-I ended up snagging a set of door handles off a 80's pick up and put them on 70 B body car...somewhere out there is an old timer that will smile as he looks up from his /6 and says "Hey, I'm happy, my starter fits a Hemi..."

*(Before you start in on age of post, some of us are doing things for others, and it happened to be here, about this, so please, gotta say something, say something nice, people from the regular non MoPar world will be seeing this one, best behavior please)

-
Back