67 Barracuda Ignition Wiring

-

CUDA 67

Reaction score
I changed my 67 Cuda, 273 formula S Commando, from the original dual point dist. to an electronic ignition but was not satisfied with the results. That was a few years ago. I had the original distributor rebuilt this summer and want to put it back in now but have forgotten how it is wired (I admit, I'm getting forgetful once I passed 50 years old!!). Can anyone send me, or post a diagram or photo as far as wiring from the distributor, ballast resistor, coil, etc? Thanks!!

Really? I loved my electronic ignition! Anyway, here's the diagram that you'll need:

Attachments

• 67 Barracuda wiring B.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 3,625
Easy. You have TWO wires feeding out of the bulkhead connector

Find the regulator and coil resistor on the diagram. The dark blue going to the ballast and regulator is "ignition run" supplied from the ignition switch. It should still be present going to whatever you had for electronic ignition. Hook it back to one side of the ballast resistor.

The other side of the resistor goes to coil positive, and also the brown coming from the bulkhead. This is the ballast bypass circuit, coming from the ignition switch, which is hot only in "start" and supplies hot 12V to the coil for start.

You may also have a tach wire which would attach to the negative side of the coil along with the single wire coming out of your distributor.

-
Back