67 barracuda k frame ?

-

273 ball

Reaction score
HI what is the difference between a 67 k frame and a 1974 k frame, mine has three
holes on the top . in the center

Idler arm mount and engine mounts
67s were a one year only stud-mount idler arm. It works, but the double-shear is better.
In 73 they switched to the fail-safe spool-mounts. No longer can the engine flip over after tearing it's mounts off.
As you may know there are at least three Ks for every year; the slantys, the SBM and the BB. Schumacher makes brackets to bolt anything to anything.

340Ks are a special case. They have re-inforcing at the LCA pivots, and a washer welded up front just to ID it. IDK if this was an across the board modification, as I have only seen it on 70/71s

Last edited:
67 is biscuit motor mounts and early tapered idler arm mounting, sway bar and lower control arm sway bar mounts are different. 74 has thru bolt, double shear idler arm, spool motor mounts, and uses different pitman arm and center link.

Last edited:
The 74 will work in your car but may require multiple other changes.
Different idler, I believe center link and pitman arm which may require a different steering gear.
If you have a sway bar that will be different along with the lower control arms.

I'd focus on finding a 68-72 k-member, direct replacement (aside from the idler arm)

Alan

340Ks are a special case. They have re-inforcing at the LCA pivots, and a washer welded up front just to ID it. IDK if this was an across the board modification, as I have only seen it on 70/71s

All Heavy Duty Suspensions have the reinforced K frames and other mods. They can be found on BB A's, Formula S and other "handling" cars. I would also assume Dart GT and GTS.

-
Back