-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Map63Vette

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
I've got a factory fuel tank out of my 67 Dart up for sale. I think this will also fit a 68 and 69, but not 100% sure. I believe all that changed was how the straps went around the tank and maybe the filler neck gasket, but I think the filler neck is still in the same place. Worked great in my car and never had any issues or leaks, but upgraded to a tank with an in-tank pump when I did the engine swap and converted to fuel injection. Tank comes with filler neck as well. Would like to get $100 for the pair. I'm in Lawrence, KS and can deliver to KC or Topeka area easily enough, maybe further with some negotiation. Otherwise buyer would pay shipping costs.

IMAG3495.jpg

IMAG3496.jpg

No, the 67 tank is 67 only — it is different because of the strapping change. It will fit 67 Barracuda and Valiant, though.

I thought the tank was the same physical size, it just had the recesses for the straps in a different place. So it would fit a later car, but not necessarily quite as nicely. My car also had the rear trunk pan replaced when I bought it though. It had the straps front to back for what it's worth. Can't remember which one strapped side to side and which one was front to back.

You can see the deep recess in the tank where the side to side strap goes (it is under the filler tube in your picture). The 68-up tank has two recesses going fore and aft. There is very little slack in the straps. I would not at all be sure that you could fit the fore and aft straps over this tank, or if they would be secure without the recesses to keep the tank from sliding. You may be correct but I don't know anyone who has successfully done this — they are listed as different parts by all the vendors.

You can see the deep recess in the tank where the side to side strap goes (it is under the filler tube in your picture). The 68-up tank has two recesses going fore and aft. There is very little slack in the straps. I would not at all be sure that you could fit the fore and aft straps over this tank, or if they would be secure without the recesses to keep the tank from sliding. You may be correct but I don't know anyone who has successfully done this — they are listed as different parts by all the vendors.
Well the OP said he had the 68 up double strap on this tank. So it must work?

I can say that the straps were very close on mine and I didn't have a lot of extra bolt sticking through the nut, but it was installed that way in my car for better or worse and functioned. I don't for sure know if the front of the straps was in the factory location though, so that could also play into it. I think the front of the straps were just screwed into the floor pan with self tapping screws. Not sure how they are supposed to be installed from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back