`67 Dart GT from California

-

Junior340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello all, I pulled a `67 Dart GT from a neighbors back yard and am fixing it up for my daily driver to replace a worn out `94 LHS. Maybe someone will pull it out of a back yard 50 years from now and restore it.......probably not.
The Dart original engine I was told was a 273 Commando and it ran just the transmission was bad, after all the spider webs were cleaned out and inspected everything it is a `68 340 so the 273 is long gone and all this is OK because I paid very little for the rust free super straight body. I brought the drive train back to life and it drove very well. But now the 904 is done for, so I am installing a A500 now.
Thanks for having me here ,

Andy
IMG_20141128_081153.jpeg

View attachment 1714965917

Thank you , yes I am very happy to have a 340 to tinker on now. It really has surprised me with it's power. I am used to my 67 R/T I have owned for 35 years now but this is a fun change. That's the reason I named it junior since this car reminds of my R/T just a little smaller .

Can you say "SCORE"? Welcome to FABO!

Great find especially with the 340 installed! Have fun with your "new" Dart...

Dave,

Welcome aboard great find and you will love the 340. I found the mine from California as well. The 273 was replaced with a 340.. They either don't like the 273 down there or there is an abundance of 340's kicking around.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

-
Back