'67 Dart GT Vert Rocker Trim

-

davidcribbs

Reaction score
Need some help identifying how to reconnect the Rocker panel trim with the car, after the front drivers side wheel decided to go in a different direction than the car. I have straightened the trim piece out enough to reattach, but can't figure out if I should attach the clips to the trim first, or attach the clips to the body first, then attach the trim to the Rocker?

Most clips attach to the body then the trim goes on the the clips.

I believe the front most clip is peened into the clip and bolted into the fender from the back side.

I have also seen forward most clips with a single screw into the fender.

There are supposed to be top hat shapped rubber inserts that the two spreader tangs fit into before they go into the holes in the body. Without them the trim clips will not want to stay in the holes well.

It will take me a few minutes to find some photos. Couldn't find the photos I was looking for sorry.

As for how the clips attach to the body. There area tabs in the center of the clip. If you spread the tabs, the tabs on the body side of the clip come closer together to go into the body hole. Once in the body hole by crimping the two tables the tabs on the body side of the hole spread. Without the top hat shaped rubber bits the fit is loose.

By the way the tabs can not stand too many flexed. If they break off you can use a small flat panhead like screw to attach them

20190601_131902.jpg

Last edited:
Need some help identifying how to reconnect the Rocker panel trim with the car, after the front drivers side wheel decided to go in a different direction than the car. I have straightened the trim piece out enough to reattach, but can't figure out if I should attach the clips to the trim first, or attach the clips to the body first, then attach the trim to the Rocker?
Clips go on the car first!

-
Back