67 Dart leading edge hood trim

-

dart67gts

Reaction score
At the Body Shop today we checked out the 3 piece trim of the front of the hood. No matter how we tried it was not long enough. the fit on the curves were great but it left a gap on each side of the hood between head light bezels of about 3/16 to 1/2 inch...keep in mind this is a N.O.S. hood. The trim was purchased from an East coast vendor.
Who I shall not name publicly (if you want the name e -mail me at aa9zf@yahoo.com) naturally its going back..
what is your experience on correct fit from vendors on this trim??
Maynard

i got a new, not NOS, set off ebay for a 68, i am guessing it is same same. put it on my new hood, factory hood, and well... lets just say the only way i got it to fit together was to put the long pieces upside down in the center piece, but they were kinda long had to work them well inside the center piece to make it all fit.

Dragginmaster: Well your trim probaly came from the same place as mine.
Seems like a pretty simple piece of trim to make right..guess the Vendors just don't care about the quality.
Anyway i'm trying tofind some one that does make it right as this is not acceptable.
Thanks for your input...BTW nice dart.
Masynard

WOO-HOO the GTS is painted and in the process of getting trimmed out.
A snafu from an East Coast Vendor on the leading edge hood trim is the biggest hold up.
The manufacture in "Taiwan" does not know how wide a '67 Dart hood is. The trim was perfect fit in the curve but to short by at least 3/8 of an inch of each side.
So I called "Laysons" yeah I’ve had problems with them in the past (ask me about it sometime) and inquired where their trim was made. I was told it was U.S. made and by all reports was a high quality item. (Also cost $50.00 more, but at this point what’s "fifty bucks".
So the body shop made the call back to them and placed the order. He was told "Yes it's in stock and will ship tomorrow this was on Friday the 11th. Today Friday the 18th. I went to the body shop and the Manager told me he just got off the phone with "Layson's".
He was told yes we got the order but it was just processed today. The Customer Service person told him it takes 5 days to process an order. FIVE DAYS TO PROCESS AN ORDER !!!!!
They said it would be shipped today or Sat for sure.
SSSSOOOOO this leaves us exactly where we were one week ago. Congrats DAVE LAYSON you win the lousy service award. Oh and by the way Dave leaving your customer hanging all day waiting for you to return a call is not only rude, but also a sure fire way to insure they will do their utmost to see that everyone knows about your "lousy Service".
The "GTS's first return show is next Sturday the 26 in Davenport IA.
It will be there even if I have to put used trim on the NOS hood.

Maynard

CC: Dave Layson @ Layson’s Restorations
GTS Bulletin Board
Big Block Dart
A Body's Only
Moparts.com
Muscle cars.
Mopar Pages.
Mopar Style.
Mopar Top 100

-
Back