67 Dart rear windshield clips?

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
Was the rear glass stainless trim on the 67 hardtop coupe originally installed with clips?
Doing stripping for bodywork and my trim just pulled right off, was attached to nothing, just pressed into decayed rubber.

Actual stainless reveal moldings are attached to the body with clips. A chrome "look" Mylar strip served as dress up and gasket lock in some models. I know what a 67 B'cuda has ( the chrome look Mylar insert ). I don't know what a 67 Dart had. 68 B'cudas got actual stainless reveal moldings. I'll guess Dart was the same.

Actual stainless reveal moldings are attached to the body with clips. A chrome "look" Mylar strip served as dress up and gasket lock in some models. I know what a 67 B'cuda has ( the chrome look Mylar insert ). I don't know what a 67 Dart had. 68 B'cudas got actual stainless reveal moldings. I'll guess Dart was the same.

67 Dart got the same, but I do not think anyone is repoping the original type seal with chrome type lock strip.

What is commonly done, is 68-up type seal, clips, and stainless trim is retrofitted.

There should be prior threads you can search for on this site, where this has been discussed/done.

There are only 2 front windshield sizes in a-body ( excluding Duster, Demon, dart Sport ), the no post/hard top and the post sedans. Good used or new gaskets and stainless reveal moldings for the front of your Dart wont be much of a struggle.
There are a lot of different size and shapes of rear glasses. Aftermarket may never cover all of them. Good hunting

There are only 2 front windshield sizes in a-body ( excluding Duster, Demon, dart Sport ), the no post/hard top and the post sedans. Good used or new gaskets and stainless reveal moldings for the front of your Dart wont be much of a struggle.
There are a lot of different size and shapes of rear glasses. Aftermarket may never cover all of them. Good hunting
Ok....so after checking lots of previous threads I think I’ve decided to go with 68 stainless trim on the front windshield of my 67 no post/HT so it will match the back. Tell me if I have this correct please. The 68 front windshield has the:
1. Self locking zipper gasket
2. 1/2” tall clips
3. Clip screws
4. Stainless trim
If that is correct does anyone have vendors/part # for these items and/or are any of them not reproduced.
Thanks for any help.

Yep, I was hoping some of you knew vendor/part #’s for the 4 item listed in my first post. Also does anyone know if the 68 clips need to be welded in AND screwed or just screwed on?

25D08DD2-C81C-46EE-BD6F-3656CF5538E0.jpeg
The clips should come with special screws. They were not welded.
Checked out R/T specialties.....
Is their part 1000089 the correct clips and screws for the 68 back and front windshields? Pic...

-
Back