67 Fish Fastback "NEW MEMBER"

-

ariffle

Fish Shouldn't Rust
Reaction score
Hay all!
Just wanted to do this right and intriduce myself.
I posted earlier in the week under a parts wanted post.
I found the parts Ive been looking for, Thanks...
My son and I are restoring a 67 Cuda fastback as a senior project for him.
It needs to be compleated in three years for his graduation.
The car is almost compleatly srtipped down after three weeks. Actually, only three Saturdays. Were getting the fish ready for sandblasting, then from there we will begin cutting out the floorboards and trunk floors that are rotted out. Then the small amount of rear quarter pannel cancer.
Front fenders have a few whisky dents in them. That is, it looks like someone hit a few mailboxes after drinking a few but there not that bad.
The engine is the origional 273 bored 30 over with 10.1 compression, 340 crank and rolling a purple Hemi grind purple shaft cam. adjustable rocker arms, small crank pully direct connection cooling system. it has the old Edelbrock LD 4b 318 intake. It has the origional 727 Trans with shift kit, reverse shift pattern. Deep oil-pan. 8 3/4 rear-end posi. Hooker headers. No miles on any of them. all fresh builds out of stock I had from back in the day. I hope it'll be a screamer without me needing to go and get a 440. I'm on a tight budget, as I'm sure everyone is.
Anyways, i'll be posting pictures as the build gets going. I'm hopefull we will make some new friends and get some good advise from the experience that you all have. :newb:

Attachments

• 67 Cuda teardown 1597.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 67 Cuda teardown 1593.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 67 Cuda teardown 1645.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 276
Welcome aboard, dad picked up a 67 fback in Feb. I got him swapped over to Mopar and he is loving it!!

:newb:A few more photo's!!!

Attachments

• 67 Cuda teardown 1752.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 67 Cuda teardown 1758.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 268
  • 67 Cuda teardown 1764.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 67 Cuda teardown 1778.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 262
Welcome! That's gonna be alot of fun. I personally like the fastback's better. Lots of good help on this site. I'm sure you'll enjoy being here.

By the way, the rebuilt running gear was done by 7 lakes Machine shop. They same person I bought the car from. He is a great guy. He is restoring a 66 Cuda himself.
Real nice car and a rare one at that. Thanks Brad!
My son got a little ahead of himself on the first post when he said the parts were from back in the day. He thought I did them for some reason. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks oldmanrick!
I'm hopefull that I won't need to much advise, but this car will be a challenge.
I'm looking at putting dropped spindals on it and converting to 11" disk brakes, but I'm not sure if I can get away with it on the budget we are on. Any suggestions on who would be the best outfit to purchase them from?

Welcome,nice,solid looking find.Good luck,on the wedge build.

Thanks oldmanrick!
I'm hopefull that I won't need to much advise, but this car will be a challenge.
I'm looking at putting dropped spindals on it and converting to 11" disk brakes, but I'm not sure if I can get away with it on the budget we are on. Any suggestions on who would be the best outfit to purchase them from?

Welcome ! If there is anything that we can help you with brake or suspension wise let me know. We also offer a forum members discount. Check out the PST Section on here.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316
jfrom@p-s-t.com

Welcome and love the car. Looks like you and your one are already getting a good start. As you can see, I am partial to the 2nd gen fastbacks. Looks like your starting with a better speciman than mine. My rear valance looks like someone beat it with a hammer, the flat head first, then the ball-peen side. I won't even get into the rust issues. I will be watching your build. Good luck and have fun.

Welcome always happy to see another 67 FB saved. Body on yours looks better than mine. I will be watching your build and maybe light a fire to get back to work on mine. Keep the pic's comming.

Not sure but I must have started a new thread somewhere down the line because we are a lot further along than this thread shows. My other thread reads 67 Cuda FB update. Wished these two threads were joined together. This part of course being up on top to start. Oh well!

Welcome & good luck with your cuda, father & son project- nice !

-
Back