67 GTs Accident

-

dart67gts

Reaction score
My 67 GTS repairs from collision of 2 years ago is almost completed.

108921717.jpg

What happened to it? I have seen the car around, but I don't know if we've met.

Well all I can say way i was involved in a traffic accident with another car. The Insurance companies are still in the process of determing what really happend. So I won't make any comments about the lady that ran a red light while I was in the intersection.

Maynard

GTS WRECK 2_0001 sml.jpg.jpg

That bites, but I'm certainly glad you saved the car! I've fixed worse, and not nearly as valuable

Just wondering, did the insurance comp try to write it off at first? I've seen a few get like your kind of damage and due to cost, age and repairs they would seem to write them off. With of course we would buy them back!

Glad you are ok! So how is the 67 doing? How far along are you?

I think I would have been in jail. I'm sure I would have "hurt" that lady.

Well The car is going to make its return on May 26 in the Quad Cities at the New Mopar Club Show. Then we will decide where to go next. Hopefully gas will not be to expensive. My "Hemi Ram" devours huge amounts of gas towing the trailer.
On the Insurance issue ..I had extra insurance on the car..they had to fix it back the way it was. I STRONGLY advise everyone to purchase extra insurance. It would be a real shame to see your pride and joy ..totaled out for a few bucks..I will up my coverage once I get the car back..
GTS340.... i'm not sure if we have meet before..you go to the show in Beliverde??? Maybe thats where you seen the car ??

Maynard

Glad to hear its coming back together, I remember seeing the car at the Belevidere show awhile back. I beleive you are the original owner correct? I remember seeing you were from Athens Ill. I grew up in that town when I was a kid several years ago LOL

Did you find any NOS parts to rebuild with or did you have to find clean rust free stuff?

Hello:
Yes at Belivedere it scored 98.5 out of 100. From AThens huh?? Well I'm not a native Athenian I only lived her for 26 yrs now.. still a new comer LOL
Yes i am the orginial and only owner of this car. If your ever back to Athens you got an invite t my garage ...
Maynard

gts340 said:
I think I would have been in jail. I'm sure I would have "hurt" that lady.
i can second that, when i wrecked my dart for a lady pulling out in front of me man i was overcome with rage, it was bad :angry4: swearing up a storm :pain10: its awesome u saved her :thumbup: lookin good again

I got rear ended a couple of years ago by a "newcomer" in a minivan. I got out and found my right rear side crushed in. I was real mad. I went to punch his head in but his front fender and driver door was bent back and wouldn't open...lucky him!

dart67gts said:
Well The car is going to make its return on May 26 in the Quad Cities at the New Mopar Club Show. Then we will decide where to go next. Hopefully gas will not be to expensive. My "Hemi Ram" devours huge amounts of gas towing the trailer.
On the Insurance issue ..I had extra insurance on the car..they had to fix it back the way it was. I STRONGLY advise everyone to purchase extra insurance. It would be a real shame to see your pride and joy ..totaled out for a few bucks..I will up my coverage once I get the car back..
GTS340.... i'm not sure if we have meet before..you go to the show in Beliverde??? Maybe thats where you seen the car ??

Maynard

Who is your ins. carrier? thanks

A good friend donated a NOS Hood (still had parts inventory tag on it) otherwise we had to refurbish and scrounge up everything..but you all know that story.
The Insurance carrier is State Farm.
I probally would have really went off on the other driver, except that a couple of my club members arrived very shortly and kept me occupied.

Maynard

dart67gts said:
A good friend donated a NOS Hood (still had parts inventory tag on it) otherwise we had to refurbish and scrounge up everything..but you all know that story.
The Insurance carrier is State Farm.
I probally would have really went off on the other driver, except that a couple of my club members arrived very shortly and kept me occupied.

Maynard

Now that's a good friend. Hang on tight. Not too many people like that around anymore. Glad you were able to save it. What's in a 67 GTS?
I had a young woman run a stop sign and total my 73 Challenger back in 80. I punched a brick wall just thinkin about what I wanted to do to her. Grrrrr...Mom would have to teach me not to hit a woman. I saw that woman about 4 yrs later pumpin gas. I introduced myself and told her about the many dreams I had of doing her harm as well as ways to do it. It looked like it scared her. OK...maybe I'm a bad person, but I hope she still has nightmares about that. :angry4:

-
Back